Honored Contributor

07/11/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Yesterday was a quiet day overall. It was house photo day, but they did the camera work remotely again to avoid the risk of anyone contaminating the houseguests. We'll get the images pretty soon. They don't take long to turn them around and get them out. The photoshopping that's done is typically crude and quickly done.

Taylor is still the target, but some are questioning the move. Michael and Brittany are more or less allied now and would prefer to see one of the other Backstage girls go out. Daniel is afraid he might be being portrayed as racist for putting up two black players as HOH. Monte assured Daniel that he's fine. Nicole suspects there's more to the story of Taylor than what she's heard but is still on board with getting rid of her. (Everyone has to go at some point if you're to win the game.)

It sounds like the Diary Room had a chat with the houseguests about perceptions and the need to avoid appearing racist, as we're hearing more chatter from them about how they don't even see skin color and none of them are racist.

Paloma thinks she'll win BB and is planning to fund all the other houseguests' endeavors with her winnings. Eh, it's probably against the rules to promise them all money for letting her win, but she's giving it a whirl. We'll have to see if BB cracks down on that talk. She's been reading the rules on occasion so she may have found a loophole. Or think she has anyway. It's important to remember BB can rewrite the rules at will, so even if you find a loophole, they can close it.

Alyssa is tired of Paloma being the center of attention nonstop. The Pooch/Turner duo and their attempts to build a guy's alliance are getting noticed and could have them in the line of fire as quickly as Friday. The Nicole and Daniel duo also is noticed and could make them early targets also.

Who's playing well? Monte is playing pretty well to start. He's all over the place, in nearly every alliance and you don't hear his name being mentioned as a target for now. He's got the ear of everyone and could go far. Ameerah and Nicole are playing smart also. Jasmine is pretty much just lying low and staying out of trouble. Michael and Terrance are still targets for some as easy targets. You won't really offend anyone by nominating them, so for an HOH who doesn't want to ruffle feathers or make enemies, they're the easy nominations.

We'll have the POV meeting today. Michael will use the POV on himself and then Daniel will nominate Taylor in his place. (Barring a last-minute change.) Then we'll see what happens.

Taylor's fans are appalled at how she's being treated, but BB does this to players every year. Whitney just last year experienced similar treatment. It's the BB way. Just saying that a person is in your way and therefore needs to go isn't enough for many houseguests. They feel they have to make the person into a horrible person to justify dumping them. Then they shun them and celebrate when they're gone. We've seen it a lot regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender. It's how BB gets played these days. I don't like it and you can find me saying I don't like it since the first year I started posting here, but it's how many play the game. 

Whoever is nominated and becomes the house's target next week will experience the same type of treatment. The houseguests look for reasons to justify taking the $750,000 from them without looking greedy. "I don't care if I don't win as long as someone like that doesn't win." It's the way the game is played. I don't know if it's a casting issue. A maturity issue, or what, but it's the way the US version of BB gets played. The easy way to justify voting people out is to say, "You're too good of a player and I can't beat you one-on-one down the road, so I'm getting rid of you now." That's not the typical way it's done though. They'll find or invent a reason to vilify the person leaving to justify getting rid of them. It's kind of dumb and the players looking back at it often seem confused about why they did it. (Xavier, last year's winner, has already apologized for how he behaved in the house, and he wasn't all that bad.)

So, we should be on autopilot for the rest of the week. Taylor and Terrance will be the nominees. Terrance has already secured assurances from everyone that he's safe. Taylor's not aware that she's the target. (Well, she might be somewhat aware, but not fully.) By the time Taylor knows she's the target it'll be too late to do much. The house is already focused on who goes up next. Taylor could secure a vote from Michael, but it takes more than one vote to stay. Brittany wouldn't mind keeping Taylor, but as a backstage person, she has no vote this week. I'm not sure anyone else would be receptive to her staying. 

Taylor's in a bad spot and it's largely her own making. She made very few attempts to blend in with the girls. She's hung out almost exclusively with the guys. Her interactions with both groups come off as fake a lot of the time. She spends a lot of time posing which is great for Instagram, but not so good in BB. Despite watching her for four days, I'm not sure I've seen the "real" Taylor just yet. We've seen someone playing the role of BB houseguest Taylor, but who's the real Taylor? Her online friends describe her as warm, friendly, outgoing, hilarious, and fun to be around. That's not who we're seeing in the house. She needed to unleash her real self in the house and be who her friends say she is. If she had, she might still be safe. As it is, she'll now be joining her friends back in the real world come Friday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 07/11/2022 Big Brother 24 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thanks so much for the updates @gardenman !  

Honored Contributor

The feeds are back and Paloma is giving Taylor a pep talk and vowing she loves Taylor. Taylor is on the block.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman 

I was looking through my news feeds and there are numerous articles about how Taylor is being treated in the house because she is a strong beautiful black woman.  A few members of the cook out are quoted in support of Taylor and Xavier in particular had a lot to say.  

I don't get the feeds and depend on you to keep me up to date and with your comments I don't think I miss anything.  I do watch the shows.  What do you think about the outside influences, will they have any impact on the show?  I'm sure production reads every word.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The feeds are back and Paloma is giving Taylor a pep talk and vowing she loves Taylor. Taylor is on the block.

Paloma is really pathetic ~ this is not game-related in any way. 

Valued Contributor

I haven't been watching a lot but wasn't it Monte who complained about Taylor to Daniel to begin with.  Something happened between them and that's why Taylor's name was mentioned.  I know the girls weren't crazy about her (she was hanging with the guys a lot) but the initial complaint came from Monte.  I don't think this was a racism thing and I hope we don't start getting into the weeds with that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GRANNY77 

I'm with you on this.  That's why I was so disappointed with the National Media coverage.  Let's just get back to the fun game that got us hooked in the beginning.  

Honored Contributor

I don't see this being a racial issue as Ameerah, Monte, and Jasmine are among those conspiring against Taylor. It's just a question of Taylor largely alienating everyone. Someone has to go first and Taylor made herself into an easy target. Taylor came in with a fanbase and her fans are reacting to things, but what we're seeing is pretty normal. Whitney had it even worse last year. She came under a really vicious attack.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The cookout was  distasteful and so pleased with themselves. That they protected those of their race while targeting those who were not, is blatant racism. Shameful.

Esteemed Contributor

@tennpal15 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Paloma is really pathetic ~ this is not game-related in any way. 

@tennpal15 

I think pathetic is way too nice a word for Paloma. I would say what I think of her but I'm wondering if maybe she's suffering from some sort of mental illness. I'm holding back until we find out one way or another. 

As for Taylor, she was ostracized from day one. She has been treated as a pariah for no other reason than she's a beautiful, confident young woman who didn't act like a 13 yr old as several of the others did and that made her an easy target. She wasn't unfriendly, standoffish, or condescending (all of which she's been accused of). 

In her particular case which actually makes it different than, for example Kemi from season 21, I don't think the motivation here was racism (not that we know for sure) but it appears it's jealousy that came first from Paloma and then spread to the other children.

@GRANNY77 

What happened with Monte was that while Paloma was making nice with him she was also plotting with others that they needed to get rid of the strong male players aka MONTE. Taylor commented to Monte to watch his back because Paloma was talking about targeting him. Monte, like an idiot, took that information back to Paloma and, naturally, she said Taylor was lying (she wasn't) and he believed her. Like I said...idiot.