Trusted Contributor

Re: 07/10/2021 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Gardenman-you touched exactly on what I tuned into here to ask. I've watched every season of BB but never got the live stream. Since I have Paramount+ already I tuned in.  They are cutting off every 5 minutes and it's for a long time and it makes it impossible to watch for me-will that get better and is it normal.  They are just showing the "Be back" screne-not ads or anything-do you(or anyone)  know what's up with it?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The POV players have been picked! Frenchie called it the worst possible situation. We don't know for sure who's playing in addition to Frenchie, Kyland, and Alyssa, but Travis, Claire, and Derek X would be the worst possible scenario for Frenchie. We're back on kennel cam again, so it could be a while before we know who's playing.

Are the cameras always away SO much??

Honored Contributor

CBS has gotten very careful with the live feeds and block us more and more each year. They used to let a lot more stuff get through. Ten seasons ago nudity was fairly common on the live feeds. People would say and do anything, quite literally anything, and the feeds wouldn't get blocked. Amber in season eight would fairly often forget she was on camera and get naked on the feeds as she changed clothes. In season nine pretty much anything went. We had Jen and Ryan having sex in the bathroom where Jen instructed Ryan to "Just bend me over," then asked "Is it in yet?" There was an orgy in the pool with most of the cast participating. Things were still pretty loose into season sixteen when social media started to grow more and houseguests making racist statements created chaos for CBS.

Weekends are especially bad as they turn the controls over to less experienced operators who really, really err on the side of caution. They've become quite protective of the houseguests in recent years. From Monday afternoon through Wednesday the feeds get interrupted the least. The POV ceremony takes place around noon on Monday, then after that there's nothing official going on, so you see a bit more with fewer interruptions.

The camera operators have been retrained a bit. A few years back the HOH shower was frosted glass, but if a person got too close to the glass it became pretty transparent and when someone was in that shower the camera would be glued to the shower door. They don't do anything like that these days. They really do try to protect the houseguests these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!