Honored Contributor

02/15/2022 Celebrity Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And we have a new HOH! It's Todd. It was apparently an eating contest with prizes and punishments. Todrick and Lamar are bound together in a lime and Mojito costume for 24 hours. We haven't seen the comp, but the suspicion is that Todrick and Miesha let Todd win so he could target Carson and Cynthia. (Which he plans to do.) Since Miesha and Todrick had agreed to spare Carson and Cynthia this week, letting their ally Todd win to take Carson out made sense for them. Maybe Todd won fair and square, but my suspicion is it was handed to him.

So, now we kill time until Friday when Carson will be going bye-bye unless he wins POV. Shanna bashing continues even though she's gone. Don't expect much exciting to happen this week. Friday's HOH could be interesting. Miesha might have to win to stay in the house. It looks a bit like Todrick and Todd are trying to recreate the Cookout version 2.0. With Carson heading out the door this week, only Miesha will remain as a non-POC. Will that alone be enough to make her the target? She'll need to win HOH or POV to stay. We're just eight days away from the end. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Re: 02/15/2022 Celebrity Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

And those 8 days can't come soon enough!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @gardenman

I never can get into the Celebrity BB shows, so I haven't watched it this time.  I just wanted to drop in and say hello to you, G'man, and ask how you are doing?  Is your leg all healed up?   

About when will we have the "regular" BB again?

Hoping you are doing well, take care!!

Suzie

Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Hi @gardenman

I never can get into the Celebrity BB shows, so I haven't watched it this time.  I just wanted to drop in and say hello to you, G'man, and ask how you are doing?  Is your leg all healed up?   

About when will we have the "regular" BB again?

Hoping you are doing well, take care!!

Suzie

@123SuzyQ123 

I'm doing okay. The leg is "as healed as it'll get." It's okay. I can pretty much forget it most of the time. It's not overly fond of the cold weather, but it works. Every now and then it sends me a sharp pain to remind me it's there, but overall, it's okay.

We may get an earlier summer BB this year. They're already starting the casting. The "typical" BB casting starts in March and goes through April with callbacks in May and the final cast picked in June. They're doing everything about two weeks to a month sooner so far this year, so maybe they're moving the start of BB24 up to the end of May. The month of May is a sweeps month where ratings matter and maybe they're hoping to transition right from season 42 of Survivor that will be ending in May right into BB24.

There's nothing official on the start date yet but moving the casting up on the schedule implies something's going on. We'll know more as callbacks start to take place. If they're still a month or so ahead of normal, it'll be safe to assume the show will be starting earlier in the summer. Starting it earlier gets it out of the NFL schedule in September. A late May start would have the show ending in late August/early September, just before the start of the NFL season. With Thursday night football and Sunday night football going head-to-head with BB's schedule, the ratings suffer a bit. Finishing BB before those two shows start would likely increase the ratings of BB 24 and drive more ad revenue to CBS. 

If I was betting right now based on the next to nothing we know, I'd say a late May start date made sense. There's less of a conflict with college students if the season starts after classes end (late May) and ends before the new school year starts (early September.) That opens up vastly more casting options if they're targeting a younger group of houseguests. With a more traditional late June/early July start date and the show running well into September, it makes it harder for college kids to sign up. Ending the show earlier gets it done before the NFL season kicks off and makes recruiting college-aged houseguests easier. We'll have to see, but the casting people weren't expecting to start casting this soon but got the word to start earlier. The BB schedule has been pretty much set in stone since the start, so a shift in the schedule implies a change in the timing of the start of the new season.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I really hate when they have an all 'young' cast.  I also hate when they have a token 2 or 3 'older' people.  I get that they are trying to target a younger audience with all 'hot' cast members, but it makes watching it a lot less fun for me.

I have not watched one minute of the Celebrity season because I have @gardenman recaps--which are usually better than the actual show.

@gardenman I am glad to hear that your leg has healed to the extent it has.  

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman   Thanks for the reply!  I am glad your leg is improving!

And I think you have laid out a good plan for the next "regular" BB season, and the timing, etc.  Hopefully CBS reads here and sees your good reasoning!  LOL

Take care, and I will be looking forward to your recaps on the new BB season!

Suzie

Esteemed Contributor

I've really tried but I'm done watching.  I read your recaps @gardenman and that's enough for me.  I love Carson but in small doses and the rest no interest at all (well maybe Lamar)  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman ...  I'm still watching and enjoying Carson ...  he was so appreciative and honored to receive the "nomination" ...  for eviction !!  When he goes I'm done.  I don't need to tune in to watch people sleep or Lamar find someone to help him open a plastic bag ...  no joke !!   ❤️ you GARDENMAN !!

Honored Contributor

Carson and Lamar are the nominees with Carson the target. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I like seeing todrick and lamar attached.   meisha and somebody should have to do that.