Honored Contributor

02/08/2022 Celebrity Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

We have a new HOH and it's Miesha. Again. Well, almost still. She's tried to run the house the whole time and now she's officially back in charge. It sounds like the HOH comp was the one where you had to keep buttons pressed while changing clothes. That's a comp that's not ideal for the older players. It's a comp that's largely made for Miesha and Todrick more than the rest. (Mirai likely would have done well also. It may have been set up for Mirai if production truly believed that Todrick was being backdoored last night.) Lamar Odom is pretty fit, but very tall, and folding his body down to reach the buttons was likely a challenge to him. Chris Kattan has a hard time standing and walking so not an ideal fit for him. Todd isn't overly fit. Shanna, Cynthia, and Carson aren't ideally suited for that comp. 

So, with Miesha back in charge the nominations are pretty much a given. Carson will be her target, whether she nominates him immediately or plans to backdoor him remains to be seen, but it's a bad week to be Carson or Cynthia. Cynthia and Shanna (or someone else) could be the initial nominees with Miesha planning to backdoor Carson. We'll find out later. Miesha really likes to backdoor people.

What happened last night when Shanna, who'd been pushing for Todrick to be backdoored all week, won POV and then chose not to use it? We don't know. Based on what we'd been seeing, everyone assumed she'd use it, Todrick would go up and out. But no. Maybe they'll show us the talk between her and Chris Kirkpatrick on Wednesday's show and we'll find out why she did what she did.

With Mirai's departure, the talk among BB fans is that there should be more Asians in each cast so someone in the house doesn't feel so isolated. She was upset that there wasn't anyone else who "looked like her." The problem with that is you're going to end up needing a house the size of a large hotel to house everyone if you match everyone in the house up with someone who "looks like" them. Mirai is 28 years old. She's not a child. She has to adjust to different circumstances.

If you go back to the last "regular" cast (BB 21) do you find another Iranian-American female soccer player so Analyse has someone who "looks like her." Do you cast a second 50+ year old Texan like Cliff Hogg so he doesn't feel alone? Do you cast another Bangladeshi-American like Ovi so he doesn't feel alone? Things can spiral out of control pretty quickly if you take that route. 

You could try a couple's format like in The Amazing Race where two players would enter and compete as a team if that's your goal, but that's not Big Brother. Mirai is an adult. She's 28. She should be able to adjust to a cast that doesn't "look like her." Todd and Lamar reached out to her and tried to help her, but she still felt isolated.

At some point today the nominations will likely take place. That will give the producers the last footage they need for tomorrow's show. That show will start with the HOH comp and end with the nominations. Then Friday it'll be goodbye to Carson if he doesn't win the POV. I'll post back later today when we know the nominations.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Re: 02/08/2022 Celebrity Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Well said--- I completely agree!

Respected Contributor

I don't think we really know what with on with mirai.   I watched one segment where it seemed that she tried to join in the conversation and they seemed  to completely ignore her.   

I think the cast is too heavy on middle age people. 

I hope Mirai is on dancing with the stars.  I think she'll do well.

Valued Contributor

@lovescats I can see how you would feel that having too many middle aged people is a drag.

As a rule, regular Big Brother has 12 houseguests,  11 of them under 30, and one middle aged sacrificial lamb that gets voted out the first week so that nobody sees anything but 6 packs and implants!

Those folks who are old enough to actually know stuff without googling it are probably 

enjoying this Big Brother for the first time in many many years!  I plan on enjoying it right up until they evict Carson.  Then they can go back to the duck lips and selfies!

Esteemed Contributor

While we did hear it incorrectly stated by some in the BB community that the cast of BB23 was, and forgive me for not remembering the exact phrase, but it was something about it being an unbalanced cast in favor of blacks--it was not. There were six black players in the house one of whose father was Indian. Even if you added Alyssa Lopez and Derek Xiao into the equation that's eight of sixteen players which is not unbalanced in favor of poc. I'm hoping it wasn't the intention to label that  cast as irregular as it would be a bit ironic when trying to justify that we can't pander to race unless, it seems, that race is white. I don't actually think that was the intention as that would be uncharacteristic so I'm hoping the intention was to say BB21 was the last cast before BB realized that fans were asking for, and happy to see, more diversity in the house. 

There's no accounting for what BB fans may be talking about out in the mean streets of BBLand but, personally, I don't think Mirai was in any way out of line to mention how she felt in the house especially since she was being asked directly. That Mirai's life experience is one where she is regularly surrounded by Asian Americans is no surprise considering her city of Arcadia, CA is close to 60% Asian. It wasn't said as criticism, it was said as a fact--no more, no less. For whatever reason, and what that reason is we may never know, Mirai felt like she didn't fit in and I saw no harm in her sharing her very valid feeling. 

Respected Contributor

I never said having too many middle age people is a drag. 

it is too many when have only one person under 30 and 11  house guests    I just feel Mirai ended up being odd man out.   no other celebrities under 30?   they found enough

housewives

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with Mirai feeling how she feels. People feel how they feel. My issue is more with people saying they should have altered the casting to help her feel more comfortable. Suppose they cast two Asian Americans and one got the boot in week one. Mirai would be back to being the lone Asian in the house. Do you not let them evict either Asian so they feel more comfortable? People say she's the youngest and didn't fit in. Well, someone's always going to be the youngest. She is 28 years old. They didn't drop in a teenager. By the time you're 28, you should be moderately comfortable among older people. And older is relative. Miesha is 35. Todrick is 36. They aren't AARP members.

Even if they cast all 28 year old, Asian American figure skaters, one or more would feel uncomfortable and wouldn't fit in. There are limits to what you can do to make someone feel comfortable. This is a show. She had advantages in being fit, young, smart, athletic, and a competitor. She had a disadvantage in being the lone Asian-American. Jun won as the lone Asian-American. James Huling was the lone Asian-American two years in a row and went pretty far. Helen Kim was the lone Asian-American in her season and could have won had she ever made a big game move, but it was "too soon." Isabella Wang was the lone Asian-American in BB 21.

If you try to cast enough people so everyone has someone who looks like them, they can relate to, who makes them feel comfortable, you'd need a cast of hundreds/thousands.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My point is that Mirai is being labled as being "upset" that she was the only Asian and that she was uncomfortable being around the older players and that's not the case. The fact is, she was the only Asian player in the house and that's not been her experience in the past. It made her feel lonely for people who look more like herself and it's almost like it's not okay for her to admit without people (not you, Gardenman) acting like she's calling for an Asian invasion in BB24. 

She also mentioned being the youngest player in the house and that she didn't fit in as well as they did with each other. That's not an admission that she's not comfortable around old people, again, it's just a fact and, honestly, it was like she was giving them an out for not having bonded with her more. She formed a nice relationship with Kattan of all people so obviously she's fine with the older people. 

It probably didn't help when Todd, who may have had the best of intentions, made her feel like she was a doomed sinner headed straight for the pit of hell if she didn't follow his advise and become a believer. That was both cringey and insulting. He obviously didn't take the rejection too well as we heard with his exuberant "EVICT MIRAI" during the vote last night. He might as well have added get that evil agnostic outta here. Smiley Very Happy

eta ~ I thought I should mention, in case it wasn't obvious, the last paragraph was a bit of an exaggeration but I do think Todd trying to convert Mirai was an inappropriate thing to do especially on live feeds. 

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to read that todd bridges tried to convert mirai.  bb shouldn't tolerate house guests doing that.

other athletes are on the show but I don't think mirai is as show biz as the rest of them 

Honored Contributor

We're on kennel cam now as the nominations take place.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!