Honored Contributor

Re: ❄️🎉 Y&R January 2018 ...SPOILERS! 🎉❄️

@eddyandme Jill used to be quite the vamp... That's why some of us are having heartburn with the way she's been written and portrayed in more recent years... She was married to John and she and Jack had an affair. When John found out, he had a heart attack and divorced her, which, as I recall, is how Jill got an interest in Jabot, along with a job and a seat on the board. They ended up remarrying and again divorcing. At one time, Jill lusted after just about every good looking younger man on the show... She hired a sucession of hunky male secretaries and went after a couple of men who were dating Katherine.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking those deep dark family secrets will involve Graham... Wouldn't it be something if he ended up controlling Jabot... If anything is going to send Jack to Fairview, that should do it... Maybe he and Ashley can get adjoining rooms...

Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

I found this on Wiki, but these folks seem to me to have too much of an age spread to have gone to high school together!

The Young and the Restless characters (1980s) - Wikipedia

History
Joanna Manning went to high school with Neil Fenmore, John Abbott, Dina Mergeron, Stuart Brooks, Suzanne Lynch, Katherine Chancellor and Gary Reynolds. Many of the friendships they formed lasted through the years. Lauren was the only child of wealthy Genoa City retailer Neil and socialite Joanna who divorced when Lauren was a small child. Joanna didn't come back into Lauren's life until she was out of high school. At one point, Lauren heard Joanna say she wished she had an abortion, which was devastating to Lauren.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree @aubnwa01 that 'prequel' information seems to lump an awful lot of people together in the same age group... I guess it's possible, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I knew Dina and Kay were friends, but the rest of the weren't mentioned so often as part of being part of the same circle of friends. I don't recall Joanna and Katherine ever interacting, though it's possible they did.

Respected Contributor

I knew John & Katherine had known each other & been friends since high school, but didn't realize the others had supposedly also attended high school with them.

Honored Contributor

They lost me when they started talking about dead people in snowdrifts.  Obviously before my Y&R time and I am not sure I want to know.

But did you see Jill jump on that plane to go meet up with her hubby?  Me too!  I'm waving to all of you from the cargo hold as I pass over the states and over the ocean for my reunion with the Thunder down Under.  Smiley Tongue  If Colin doesn't do GC, Laura does Australia.  Woohoo!!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Whew!  I tell ya, if I had to take a test on the history of these soap characters, I would fail big time, lol.  I had forgotten Lauren's mother ever being in the show until it was mentioned.  I think she worshipped her father.

The biggest thing that is in Y&R history was the sl about Nikki and her father who had raped her as a child.  She killed him when he showed up in Genoa city.  Btw, the guy that played her father was later portrayed as one of Catherine's husband's, Sterling, I believe his name was.  Yeah, Ms Nikki has killed about three people in her time.  Her father was the most deserving.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The actress (Susan Seaforth Hayes) who played Lauren's mom is still alive, maybe she should come back to town & she & Dina can duke it out!

@aubnwa01, or maybe just compare notes (ha,ha!)...

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

They lost me when they started talking about dead people in snowdrifts.  Obviously before my Y&R time and I am not sure I want to know.

But did you see Jill jump on that plane to go meet up with her hubby?  Me too!  I'm waving to all of you from the cargo hold as I pass over the states and over the ocean for my reunion with the Thunder down Under.  Smiley Tongue  If Colin doesn't do GC, Laura does Australia.  Woohoo!!  Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb, our girl @Laura14 is hullcinating.  We must get her into Fairview STAT!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie

Nikki killed three people!  Does that make her a serial killer?????

No wonder she's married to Victor.  Only The Mustache can handle that one!