Honored Contributor

Re: ❄️🎉 Y&R January 2018 ...SPOILERS! 🎉❄️

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I just cannot feel sorry for Tessa.  I get that she's scared now and has no place to live but she's a user.  Plain and simple.  She used Nikki, Noah and Mariah.  She doesn't show warmth to anybody.  I never saw her act in a loving way with Noah.  Maybe I blinked and missed it.

I agree... I've never found her particularly sympathetic... I don't think they ever knew what direction they wanted to take her in, so never developed the character accordingly. Now, she just seems superfluous... It's always seemd that it was all about her or her sister...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm just watching the show now on POP.  Ooh, I'm just loving seeing Ashley jerk Victoria's chains.  Victoria can't even see the similarity of this and what happened when she bounced on Abby after Victor allowed her to come back to Newman and rode shot gun on Abby.  Payback is a you know what.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, I love Ashley yanking Victoria’s chain too!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie@loveschocolate

Okay, you guys are gonna laugh at this but here's my storyline to say goodbye to Chels and welcome a new Adam (improved, not so much!).

The money Nick found was Chelsea's stash - a rainy day fund, per se, in case things go south with her and Dumbo - like when he finds out Christian's Adam's.  And, therefore, the Chels hacked Fenmore's site, selling cheap versions of her line "under-the-table" while also selling her originals to Lauren.  Hey, the girl's a scam artist!  Also, Chelsea was the one who ran over Delia: perhaps she confessed to Adam when he reincarnated.  But, now that Adam returns and realizes she's hooked up with his brother in a NY heartbeat, thus  furious he no longer covers for her.  She bolts (perhaps hooking up with Jordan), neither one to be seen in GC ever again..  

Well at least my "take" is more interesting than corporate intrigue.Woman LOL

And, could you ladies see that @Laura14 starts taking the meds @stevieb prescribed.  The girl's posting pics of Jill's DH again:  we must stop this fixation!Woman Frustrated Thanx.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

If Chelsea leaves, they might or might not recast her. Keep in mind too that the names used for these casting calls are sometimes fictitious and what they're really seeking is a recast but don't want the audience to know a role is being recast. 

I'm wondering at some level is Chelsea isn't stashing all that money because she has already heard or will hear from Adam and will rush off to be with him... and neither of them will be immediately recast... I have to say, other possibly than 'Caleb', these supposed casting calls fail to excite me... I continue to feel this show doesn't need many more single women... and unless they don't plan to bring back Jordan, which would be fine with me, and assuming Neil returns, I don't see where they need more African American men... 

@stevieb- well, great minds think alike - sort ofWoman Wink.  I also figured that was her stash.  

Frequent Contributor

wrote:

Are you ready for this?  This is what (after much searching came up when I googled Demetri James.....

Demetri James Picture

This can't be right!  Ugh!

Here's some more of the article I referenced earlier:

Joseph Cannata and Demetri James Read For Y&R

News also broke today that two more actors have read for The Young and the Restless, but there is no confirmation if either was reading for the role of recast Adam Newman. A video of Joseph Cannata auditioning for Y&Rleaked on Facebook today. The Toronto-born actor is newer to Hollywood with just six roles on his IMDB resume. Since one of the details that leaked about the casting of replacement Adam Newman was that Mal Young wanted to look outside of daytime for the role, this hunky Canadian would be a perfect choice.

When I saw "Demetri James, I thought it was the Demitri James that sells Skinn cosmetics on Evine.  I just couldn't picture that, lol! 

Honored Contributor

We're agreed. Seeing Miss Vicky discovering Ashely large and in charge was definitely a pleasure.

Honored Contributor

I don't believe most of the soap news updates I read because I think most of them are just speculation intended to sell their brand. I do, though, wonder, as I suggested yesterday if Chelsea isn't going to be heading out to meet up with Adam. She's been odd lately and that might be part and parcel of there having been some contact between them. Add to that the secret stash and pretty clearly something is up. If they cast some interesting and attractive men, develop them well and involve them in some interesting story lines then they wouldn't necessarily have to be Adam. I think some of us have been looking for Adam's return because he added both interest and, in his most recent incarnation, sex appeal to the show, both of which are lacking. It's sort of telling that the most interest the show seems to generate anymore is in figuring out  casting and not so much what's happening in Genoa City.

Trusted Contributor

There is so much about helping the homeless ... is that where Adam will be "discovered"?

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I'm just watching the show now on POP.  Ooh, I'm just loving seeing Ashley jerk Victoria's chains.  Victoria can't even see the similarity of this and what happened when she bounced on Abby after Victor allowed her to come back to Newman and rode shot gun on Abby.  Payback is a you know what.

@Mmsfoxxie@stevieb@loveschocolate

Great scene.  Victoria looked almost in shock.   ( I also liked Victoria’s pink blouse - reminded me of one I had in the early 70’s! )