Occasional Contributor

Re: ❤️💕 Y&R February 2019 SPOILERS 💕❤️

[ Edited ]

Really? Mia looks 42, at least.

*quote fail, pardon me*

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I am with the 63% who wish the Rosales Family would take Amtrak back to Miami. Introducing a new character periodically is fine, but we were bombarded with too many new peeps all at once, and our precious veterans are appearing less and less. Another thing the writers have done is push the interracial couple thing down our throats.Unlike some of you, I have always liked Cane and Lily together. HOWEVER, lately, Ashley and Ravi, Ashley and Neil, Nikki and Arturo, Abby and Auturo, Kyle and Lola, Jack and Kerri,,Sharon and Rey, Devon and Mariah. Too much. Thursday's show should have been called 'The Rosales Family Hour'. WHY is Rey doing detective work for his sister's case when he has 3 women in jail on another huge case? And I guess I don't know the law that well, but how does Phy not get charged with murder when the other 3 have been charged? She sang like a bird to save herself, when all of this was her fault from the get-go. They should have called the police when Nikki clocked JT.

Honored Contributor

@TryingToQuit wrote:

Really? Mia looks 42, at least.

*quote fail, pardon me*

@TryingToQuit  Even if she is 42, so? I was 43 when I had one of my children. No issues. The number is just that; a number.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, we all have our own points of view and that's fine... As for me, I've made no bones about the fact that I agree, they've foisted too many new characters on us too quickly and have just expected us to embrace them without giving us any viable reasons to embrace them... As this show has deteriorated over the past half a decade, introducing new characters but failing to develop them or otherwise give them wheels has been the norm... 

I don't find Lola refreshing, I find her annoying to the nth degree.... Raturo is just revolting and needs to go... Sorry, I like Mia. I think they can actually do some fun things with her and if he'd ever wipe the constipated look off his face, I can probably take Rey... Kerry, Nate, Tessa, Ana and Finn were mistakes and should just be sent packing, though a recast Finn might add something to the attempt to add a next generation to the core families...

As for this murder trial, nothing about this story has hung together... It's been so badly written from the start, with the women trying to hide what happened... Moreover, I don't see how Phyllis singing like a bird helped the DA's case for 2nd degree murder, when she made it clear, as did the others, that it was clearly a matter of defending Victoria from harm... The 'obstruction' charges (or something similar) of course, make sense... I don't get where they're going with Phyllis... Covering it up was her idea... While I can't blame her for cutting a deal that exempts her from prosecution, she had to know doing so would end her relationship, would alienate her from everyone in town and that being caught up in this mess would end her stint as CEO... Of course, I'm not sure the writers ever really think ahead as to where their short-term decision will lead in the long term... The way things stand now, Phyllis doesn't have a whole lot of job or romance options left for her...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Stevie, that's another thing I don't get, all 4 women told Rey that Nikki hit JT to protect Victoria from him, and Rey still insists that they murdered him with intent. It's extremely plausible that a mother was protecting her child, can't he see that? He just doesn't seem too bright about that. And if it is true that JT is alive, I find it hard to believe that after being clocked on the head with a fireplace poker, and buried under a foot or two of dirt, he had the strength to claw his way out of the hole. At best he could have lasted a few minutes with no air down there. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb , constipated look? ROFL 🤣!

I like Mia too. She’s stirring things up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nanny24  The whole thing is butt stupid... Phyllis sold her cutting a deal to Christine by saying it would make her case, but she too was clear it was a matter of defending Victoria... Both Rey and Christine just continue barking up the wrong tree. Nothing about this story hangs together...  As for JT, one assumes his resurfacing (assuming he resurfaces as JT and not as a 'look alike') is ostensibly how they'll spring the women from the charges... As for how he got out, if that's the way they go, I have to wonder if he had help and if so, who that help was... Like others, I'm hoping it was Raturo, which would make sense given he was working the construction site, and then they can use his involvement as a good reason to send him far away never to be seen or heard from again in this or any other lifetime...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Yep, I,too, wish Autuuuuuuuuuuuuro would be in on the shenanigans with JT. That would put him behind bars, and Mia for attacking Loooola. 2 down and 2 to go! Smiley Happy  On another note, doesn't it seem odd that there were no security cameras at the Abbott estate? Either front or back, they would have caught Mia's car, or her attacking Loooola.

Regular Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

.. Of course, I'm not sure the writers ever really think ahead as to where their short-term decision will lead in the long term... The way things stand now, Phyllis doesn't have a whole lot of job or romance options left for her...

@stevieb 

Well most of those writers could be millennial their education went as far as cut up dolls, the substance behind them (CTD) was not challenged in their ED. 

Y&R those who lack vision perish

Regular Contributor

@nanny24 

@nanny24 wrote:

On another note, doesn't it seem odd that there were no security cameras at the Abbott estate?

At least around the pool for liable reason.