Honored Contributor

Re: ❤️❤️ Y & R February 2018...SPOILERS! ❤️❤️

Spoilers for Week of February 5th from soaps.com:

Monday February 5:

Ashley and Victoria get nasty

Chelsea panics when JT wants to proceed with the investigation.

Phyllis lets Nikki know she's aware of her hook-up.

Tuesday February 6:

Billy tries to make peace between Jack and Ashley.

Noah hits the bottle.

Wednesday February 7:

Victoria and JT's party doesn't go as planned.

Thursday February 8:

Nick gets advice from Sharon.

There's a new opportunity for JT.

Friday February 9:

Chelsea receives an alarming message.

More: Jordan's on his way back

More...

Victoria confronts Ashley about her alliance with Abby.

Victoria wants Ashley out of Newman Enterprises.

JT calls a meeting of the Fenmore's ladies.

Phyllis is suspicious when Chelsea opposes a press release.

Chelsea's past begins to catch up with her.

Coming up...

Romance abounds at Top of the Tower on Valentine's Day.

Victor has the last laugh.

Devon comes upon a hidden secret.

Nick receives a proposition.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

That last scene with newly botoxed Nicki and that kid half her age was ludicrous at best. Brought back memories of "The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone." The writing has now taken a long time character and changed her into an unrecognizable person. Has the new writing team no interest in character development? 

@Trinity11 It's a shame, but there hasn't been any interest in character development on this show for as long as I can remember. They seem to think they just need to keep coming up with more and more lame plot devices and we're all so dim-witted we'll stick around. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@stevieb

You're right though.  This show definitely needs some younger meat; but also a few attractive oldies.  Look at poor Nikki - she had to become a cougar today!  Just doesn't fit with her character, but, Mal's got only so much to work with at this point.

However, an older gentleman on Victor's status would be an interesting liason for Nikki.  They could do a lot with that.  The Jack thing was just ludicrous.

@eddyandme Mal is only limited at this point by his own imagination. He's now writing and producing the show and he has been since, I believe, September. I'm not seeing any miracles he's performed and my patience is wearing thin. The only somewhat interesting story line we've seen is the Dina debacle and that was initiated by the last writers. If anything, he's the one that pulled the plug on it, I guess so we could see more of Cane, Lily and Tessa, initiate a JT drug story line, give us dim Nick in a tool belt suddenly developing a social conscience, try to make it a big deal that Hilary wants to have a baby... and so on. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:Woman HappyHeart

They've tried to give Devon and this show a 'media' focus with the TV station and now the record label. It just hasn't taken off. Neither the company nor the story lines conneced with either GC Buzz or his recording enterprise are of any interest.

@stevieb, they need Patch back!!!!!  I forgot his name but use to catch DOL once-in-awhile; he came to Y&R as Devon's long-lost father...

No idea @eddyandme... The only Patch I recall is that goon-ish doctor... I thought Devon's long lost father was Katherine's son, and hence the fortune... I'm still curious how it is that Mac didn't seem to warrant an inheritance...

I don't know, but @Laura14 is Stephen Nichols - I always like himHeart

I edited my post @eddyandme. The goonish doctor was Stitch, not Patch... Nichols is certainly an improvement over Colic... who wouldn't be, but I'm looking for some younger meat...

Smiley Surprised

@stevieb  You need an eye exam.  I'll pay! 

How can you think this man is not hubba hubba even at an older age?  SMH 

First she kicks dirt on my baby and then even an older blonde scarecrow doesn't do it for her.  And you wonder why I am in a nut house on this thread.  SMH AGAIN!  Smiley Tongue

SN DOOL.jpg

Laura... sweetie... @Laura14... I don't covet OLD MEN. Capsice? End of story...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I'd rather have experience than fool around with someone who I have to teach.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

So, I'm wondering if Nikki is going to come down with a brain tumor (her behavior with the worker guy).  Good grief!  Why would that young guy have any interest in such an older woman?  None of this makes sense!  

I was hoping this new writer (having been here before) wouldn't just stick junk like this (Nikki and this guy) in the story line!

I guess it sounds dumb but I keep hoping they didn't do the deed but she took him up there for some other reason.  This is among the dumbest things I've seen on this soap (and that's saying something).  Especially, to do it there where so many family and friends are ALWAYS in the area!

Well, at least the guy doesn't have to worry about her getting pregnant!  But then this is a soap and I guess age doesn't matter on these soaps when it comes to getting pregnant.

Have any of you been catching some of the banter with Phyllis giving the impression she misses being pregnant and having a baby....just little bla blas here and there (to Hillary and to Lauren.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

So, I'm wondering if Nikki is going to come down with a brain tumor (her behavior with the worker guy).  Good grief!  Why would that young guy have any interest in such an older woman?  None of this makes sense!  

I was hoping this new writer (having been here before) wouldn't just stick junk like this (Nikki and this guy) in the story line!

I guess it sounds dumb but I keep hoping they didn't do the deed but she took him up there for some other reason.  This is among the dumbest things I've seen on this soap (and that's saying something).  Especially, to do it there where so many family and friends are ALWAYS in the area!

Well, at least the guy doesn't have to worry about her getting pregnant!  But then this is a soap and I guess age doesn't matter on these soaps when it comes to getting pregnant.

Have any of you been catching some of the banter with Phyllis giving the impression she misses being pregnant and having a baby....just little bla blas here and there (to Hillary and to Lauren.

@Annabellethecat66I wouldn't put it past them to suddenly have Nikki expecting!!  

I thought everyone said Reed had a haircut.  I can't tell!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@stevieb  I'd rather have experience than fool around with someone who I have to teach.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

@Laura14 Different strokes... And speaking of which, I guess I prefer someone I don't have to worry about having an MI in the midst of doing the deed... And, who doesn't have to rely on the little blue pill... Not even to mention, there are plenty of men below Medicare age that don't require instruction... Just sayin'...

Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I will keep Cane and get rid of Devon.  He is a useless character to me.  Not convincing as a business leader and a poor music executive.  I wish Neil would come back.  

The entire Ashby/Winters clan can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Neil at least has some history, but none of them has been particularly interesting, other, of course, than Hilary, in a long time. As for Devon, this supposedly big company he has is a joke. He bought out Mergeron, which at one time was a cosmetics company, and all we ever hear about is his one-hit-wonder record label. Meanwhile, before his hiatus, Manic Neil was into PR... They don't know what to do with either of them or with this supposed corporation they formed.

They've tried to give Devon and this show a 'media' focus with the TV station and now the record label. It just hasn't taken off. Neither the company nor the story lines conneced with either GC Buzz or his recording enterprise are of any interest.

I can't buy Devon as a media mugul.  He doesn't even make good decisions.  If Tessa had a hit (even a minor one) the first time and they thought she had potential, they would probably just take a loss on the Mariah-related song or make a settlement, and try to find some new material for Tessa to sing.  The publicity to the Mariah song from a court case even would have people wanting to listen to it and become interested in Tessa.  Also, wouldn't he already have been trying to line up new talent for his label?

JT is complaining about working at Chancelor but I can't even remember what Chancelor does in the first place.  And besides, Brash and Sassy, I couldn't tell you what Newman does either!   

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 That would be funny although it wouldn't surprise me if she has written in her contract that she wouldn't have to wear one of those fake pregnancy pads due to her bad back.  

As someone who gets monthly shots in my back (you name it, I've had it done), when I see her walking I tell if it's been a bad back day or a very bad back day.

About his hair.  I think more than anything I've noticed the curls are no longer being 'finger curled' in ringlets!  Ha!  It looks more blown out (kinda like when someone stands in front of a huge fan looking all blown out).