Honored Contributor

Re: ❤️❤️ Y & R February 2018...SPOILERS! ❤️❤️

wrote:

All I could think during today and yesterday’s shows was how disgustingly grody the guys look.  Devon was the only one who was neat and tidy; Cane, passable but, Nick, JT and Reed almost sent me commode-hugging.  

The show needs the Grooming Police - preferably in the form of an old-school Marine Gunnery Sergeant to buzz cut and shave Reed, JT and Nick.  If they can’t look groomed, then buzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Seriously... Welcome to Nasty-ville and now the new guy, all greasy and funky looking too... Nick seems to revel in looking unkempt. He's still sort of a semi-cute guy when he cuts his hair and shaves... JT didn't arrive looking funky, but he's sure looking funky now... Must be something in the water in Genoa City that makes the men believe they look good when really all they look is rancid...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

"Jason Canela has joined the cast as Arturo, a charismatic building contractor "

Charismatic? Huh?

Respected Contributor

I'm worried about the spunky teen girl casting- do we really need another teen??  They are probably aging up Faith's character. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

"Jason Canela has joined the cast as Arturo, a charismatic building contractor "

Charismatic? Huh?

I had the exact same thought!  

Honored Contributor

Lol... @trenet, you're as hard on the guys as @stevieb.  You're right, though, they were/are pretty scruffy.

Anybody notice that Anturo, Nikki's 'friend' seemed to limp up the stairs?  I felt bad that I lol'd about it.  Nothing wrong with having a limp but you don't normally pick them up for a booty call.  @Annabellethecat66, if you have it on tape, just it out, please.

And JT, he looks like he has a goiter on his neck.  I hope not but when he and Phyllis were sitting in that booth, his neck looked very strange.

I wonder if Nikki told Victor that she wanted an open marriage.  Doubt it, in which case, he's going to feel like a fool when he finds out.  If Phyllis doesn't tell him, that odd ball fellow might spread the news.  Men talk as much as women do.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I'm worried about the spunky teen girl casting- do we really need another teen??  They are probably aging up Faith's character. 

I almost hope so... I like Faith as she is, but if it's a choice between aging Faith and yet another teen to play with Reed and Mattie and Charlie, I guess I'd rather just see a new Faith... In light of the fact, though, that all the others were 'aged' months ago, I don't know how they'd pull it off... But wait, I forgot, they don't think anything they do has to be believable...

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Charismatic? Huh?

I had the exact same thought!  

@Roni18 I don't get it... What was charismatic about him...? Nothing that I saw... 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Lol... @trenet, you're as hard on the guys as @stevieb.  You're right, though, they were/are pretty scruffy.

Anybody notice that Anturo, Nikki's 'friend' seemed to limp up the stairs?  I felt bad that I lol'd about it.  Nothing wrong with having a limp but you don't normally pick them up for a booty call.  @Annabellethecat66, if you have it on tape, just it out, please.

And JT, he looks like he has a goiter on his neck.  I hope not but when he and Phyllis were sitting in that booth, his neck looked very strange.

I wonder if Nikki told Victor that she wanted an open marriage.  Doubt it, in which case, he's going to feel like a fool when he finds out.  If Phyllis doesn't tell him, that odd ball fellow might spread the news.  Men talk as much as women do.

@Mmsfoxxie @Roni18 No, didn't notice... but if there's a limp to add to the greasy hair, the facial stubble and the weasel likeness, well, that must be what passes for 'charismatic' to the casting folks... Shaking my head...

Honored Contributor

No, I don't keep the DVR's.  After I watch them I delete them right away.

I DVR everything, and I mean everything.  That way I don't have to sit through commercials and boring junk to the story line (any kind of story line).  However, that means I sometimes miss something important!  Ha!

I did watch that time when JT threw Victoria back on the stairs...I watched that two times because it was so noticeable that he was slobering all over her ear and she'd turned her face.  I thought it was my imagination and wanted to see it again.  Yepper!  It was like I thought!  I knew they'd just gotten divorced and thought it was weird (being together on a soap).  

It does make it difficult to keep track of time (through the TV stations though).  I'll be watching something I'd DVR'd and they'll be talking about snow and I'm like..."What the hay?"  Snow"?  Ha!

Anyway, I'm trying soooo hard not to give up on this show for awhile....this is just plain stupid.  Just as she's told Ashley she can do the deed with Victor (like it's some kind of prize) then she turns and walks the shame with the guy with the tool belt!  What is it about these writers and the tool belt?  OK, let's examine this more closely......

So, we see Nicki-boy in nothing but a tool belt and then Nicki-boy's momma takes the tool belt guy to bed.  They both have greasy, stringy hair and stubble....Something's not quite right here, far be it for me to bring this up.....

I think this writers has tool belt issues....Hummmm???

Maybe she just wanted to play the piano (or another instrument for him).  She is talented....we know that....let's not assume she wanted hanky panky.....

I DO want to know how they're going to explain that one, come on ladies, you have to admit, you must be wondering if she has a brain tumor or someone's done voo doo on her psyche.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 I don't know if they're embarking on a whole new personality for Nicki or not. I guess we'll see. Maybe they're trying to create a new Katherine, who was known to dally with her stable boys, among others... If they are trying to recreate Nicki, they might have gone about it more subtly and believably, unless, as you suggest, they're going to trump up some probably ridiculous reason for her new found zest for, uh, life.