Contributor

So I just got an email to check out her new styles, the pricing is way beyond my pocketbook! Its beyond ridiculous

Esteemed Contributor

I believe QVC set the pricing.

Vendors sometimes express surprise at where QVC had set the price on an item.

If they're surprised when QVC sets an unusually low price it tells me qvc sets the higher prices too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who is setting Prices?

[ Edited ]

IMO--QVC sets the price based on similar items in b&m stores and catalogs.  Coldwater Creek has similar items to SG and they are in the $60-70 range.  The difference is that other vendors offer free shipping and/or significant discounts which the Q rarely does.

I like some SG items--they fit me well and travel well--but only buy when the price is under $30.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50  Wow I cannot believe you can find stuff from Susan under 30.i find even denim and co has gotten higher than that recently.

Occasional Contributor

Don't purchase the higher priced items (majority are) and we'll

see how fast QVC discounts them. We'll have clearances all

over the place.  A couple of days of not purchasing will sure

hurt there business.  Something also has to be done regarding

the shipping/handling costs.  Clothes are much cheaper in the stores and they have great discounts with no shipping.  Clientele has to smarten up.  Put a few dollars

in your pocketbooks and not QVC's pocketbooks.  After all, where would QVC be

without us.

Honored Contributor

Why does it matter to you?  What difference does it make?  If you can't afford something or don't want to pay the price for something....just move on.  Should be a big deal.

Honored Contributor

@x HedgeWhen I hear a vendor comment that they didn't know the price, I always take it as a sign that while they do the designing, someone else in their company is in charge of contracts.  We're rarely seeing anyone who is running a tiny shop out of their garage.

For some of them what we see here at QVC is just one part of a much bigger business, but even when this is a large part of their business, I doubt many work all sides of the business themselves.  I doubt they need to keep track of the prices of individual items by themselves.  I would think it's their contract that protects them.

Contributor

I purchased a dress from GILI,  cost was $77.00.  I figured it would be of great quality but to my surprise it was like a rag.   It was a maxi dress and it went back as fast as I could put it back in the bag.   Horrible.   Not even worth $40.00.

I like Denim and Co.   Purchased the TSV, tye dye tops.  Order 2 in the same size.

One fit, one was like OMar the Tent maker made it.   Had to ship it right back.

Bout a knife Sharpener that was to have suction cups to hold in place.  Well I tried the suction cups on wood, formica, granite and the suction cups did not hold.   Junk.

QVC makes a lot on the returning and asking for refund.  It usually takes a long time to get a refund which is wrong.   They take the money from your debit card within minutes of the order but a refund,  you have to wait almost 5 to 10 days.  WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

QVC you are not the only game in town anymore.   You are screwing up HSN and the bigger you get the worse it becomes.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Why does it matter to you?  What difference does it make?  If you can't afford something or don't want to pay the price for something....just move on.  Should be a big deal.

I think part of the mindset comes from long time shoppers who were used to getting great prices and good quality items from Q and also excellent customer service.

Honored Contributor

@dex  Check out lunchtime specials, clearance, as is.  There is nothing I need or like so well that I would pay $60+ for a simple polyester top.