Trusted Contributor

Hello SG Ladies - I just wanted to report my experience with the SG Skorts and how I wear them when I travel.  I hope this is helpful.

Item I am talking about:

Susan Graver Choice of Solid or Print Liquid Knit Pull-On Skort

Item Number:

A274890

I went on a two week Panama Canal Cruise and I took all my susan graver skorts, I saw about 10 ladies on  the cruise with these skorts.  Everyone wore them differently so I'm going to share how I wore mine.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Skorts 101

[ Edited ]

Central America is very hot and at time, no matter if one says, I don't wear sleeveless a time comes where it is just TOO HOT.  When you are traveling, and it is super hot, either in the carribean or right here in the states, sometimes.....you have to just go sleeveless and look the best you can.

Ideas:

1) I wore my navy skort with a key west tank top sightseeing with flip flops.

2) Then another day when we floated I wore my black skort with a multi print tankini top on the deck.  I did not go in the pool, I have too many lumps, bumps and texture for public viewing but I wanted to enjoy myself and look nice.  I sat in the louge chairs, I danced in the group parties, and I felt and looked dressed for the occasion.

3) Another day we went on an excursion to swim with the dolphins.  We left the ship and I put on my swim dress, and then put on my skort.  So the swim dress skirt section was outside the skort like a peplum top (but it was longer in length).  So it looked like a cute dress with a peplum top.  SO I wore this off the ship, on the tour bus, then when we got to the area with the dolphins and were entering the water, I pulled down my skort and had on my swim dress and swam with the dolphins.

4) Dress for dinner, one night I wore my skort with an solid black SG tunic and statement jewelry and dressy sandals.

5) coming home on the plan, I wore my blue print skort and a white short sleeve cotton top with white tennis shoes.

6) What I saw a smaller lady do....she was also going on a tour, she had on her SG skort, and a bikini top, so you did not see the bottom of her bikini while she was walking off the ship, etc.  I gather when she got to the beach she removed her skort, which allowed her modesty, especially with young children and "men" around.

So I am just posting this to encourage you and provide ideas for wearing your skort.

I have three cruises planned and I honestly think, one could take ONLY different SG skorts and several tops, and say 1-2 dressy items and be packed for the entire trip.

in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Skorts 101

[ Edited ]

I'd love to hear if anyone has other ideas or experience with the skorts.

Another idea, if you are going to atlantic city or myrtle beach and going to be walking or even sitting on the boardwalk, you could wear your skort with a tankini floral top.

A person could be on the boardwalk all day, then go walk in the beach water and still be covered.

in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB I live a very casual life but I still own several of Susan Graver skorts, I LOVE THEM!

Just because I am mostly at home or running errands does not mean I do not want to look nice. I throw on a skort, a nice top, my Birkenstocks and go about my day doing whatever I have planned, always looking appropriate if something unexpected should arise while out.

I am all about comfort, and skorts fit the bill, and I do not have to be self conscious if I am moving correctly as to not show people more than I bargained for.

I also own D&C & Quacker Factory skorts, also a high thumbs up for me!

Respected Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  I love all your suggestions for wearing a SG skort!  I own two of her skorts (a beige and a navy polka dot - A264867). I wear them to church in the summer with a short sleeved top.  So easy and cute to wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a collection.  Works for me since I am 5 feet tall and they are made JUST RIGHT.  I never wear shorts... so in a way THESE ARE MY SHORTS.  I like the fact I can dress them up or down and they are easy on-off.  I have just about all the brands offered by the Q and I like them all. 

Trusted Contributor

I want to say I have purchased a few standout products from QVC that have changed my life.

1) lock and lock - keeps food fresh longer, freezer, etc.

2) Diamonique - wears as a wedding ring, saved money for home deposit

3) SG SKorts - comfort in traveling

What I mean is, when I'm at work and have on a SG dress I'm covered, I have on a slip, and spanx.  When I 'm at target or doing errands, I can have on capris or ankle pants and a tunic top that covers the hips/behind.  When you have on less clothes, how do you look NICE, moderatly covered but dressed for the occasion?

This skort changed my life of travel. I enjoy traveling and I enjoy cruising but as a plus size it can be difficult at time.  When you are of a "certain" age, not the firmest or thinnest person, not a fitness model, you have to think before you just "throw" anything on.

But at certain places, the amusement park, the beach, the boardwalk, atlantic city, a work pool party or work pinic.  What do you wear for those occasions???  If you wear your normal "clothes" to the locations above you STAND OUT even MORE cause you look like the insecure plus size woman.

Everybody else has on a swimsuit, short shorts, a swim dress, halter tops....and then you stand out in your clothes.

Then I wore my skort on a cruise, and everything changed. 

I think what makes this skort perfect is the fabric, it does not stick out around the hips area as heavy cotton. I have tried other skorts and they can't compare to ME because of the fabric. This fabric is like a silk so it just falls so gracefully.

I'd love to see this A274890 (no changes in measurements/length) skort in white, I don't know if that color is possible in this fabric, but a solid white, a solid fuschia.  These solid colors really can be blended well with tankini tops.

Well I hope this helps you take an adventure this summer.  Even if the adventure is just around the corner from your house.

in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

I have been tempted to order one of these but have not. You just convinced me that I should give it a try for my next trip to the heat.  Thank you!

Contributor

Thank you for your tips!  I've never put little white tennis shoes with mine, but I think I'll give it a try thanks to your post!

I have the black one that I've worn to school (I teach) with a casual top and flats.  I wore the same skort to one of my daughter's bridal showers with a dressier summer short sleeve top and great pair of heels.  Wore the same skort again to an evening wedding with a black George Simonton cold shoulder 3/4 top in a very similar fabric with a different pair of great heels and it looked like I had on a fabulous dress.  I'll be taking this skort (and a couple more that I'll be ordering) on my next cruise in September.  I'm not tiny, but more your average sized 40-something mom with adult children, and it works great for me time and again!!

Trusted Contributor

Please see read reviews and measurements for sizing.

I am pear shaped and I ordered a 1x, I am also pear shaped which means I am bigger in the lower half, if I recall correctly ladies who are more even sized MIGHT have went don't a size.  Even sized meaning for example size 10 top and size 10 bottom.

Read the measurements, if in doubt order 2 sizes to compare.  When I do that, I wait and return several items in one box, just ensure that you keep everything in their appointed plastic wrapping with their invoice and I tape each plastic bag closed.  This ensures that if the item falls on the floor in the warehouse everything is together.

in your life!!!