Honored Contributor

Matronly:

Silver Tea Length Handkerchief Mother Of The Bride Dress With Jacket V Neck Sheer Long Sleeve ...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Matronly:

Free Shipping New Design Sexy Chiffon Dress Sexy Mature Women White dress with tulle lace ...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm not a Susan Graver fan. Her line is 99% polyester, the prices are too high, and you're eight....her clothes are matronly. 

Respected Contributor

I agree there is not much she has for sale that isn't matronly looking or just plain ugly whether it be style or print. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   283917.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor
Matronly would of been a better word than elderly. Made me laugh.
Honored Contributor

@nycalady   And she uses some huge prints just like Renee G does - these huge prints eat you up, are just too big and look bad.

Super Contributor

Yesterday there was a wonderful silouette of a tunic/cardigsn set.   Once again, I thought gee, that would look good on me.  Great for travel.  Flattering on all models.  I think Susan offers good style on jackets, pants, and tops.   I don't buy from her but would like to.   It is the color, color combinations, and print designs that are outdated, and aging.  Similar to Attitudes by Rene, they are all very bold.  She has had the same color tones forever.  Although I buy little of LOGO, Lori Goldstein is a master of contemporary color combinations and modern colors.  Belle also puts together nice colors and color combinations.  If Susan would up her game in the print and color department, she would likely pick up additional sales. 

Trusted Contributor

@TheMemphisVette That's an interesting point you make.

What can be called elderly clothing? It seems easier to define youthful clothing--things like tight-fitting, midriff-baring, etc, that are not generally comfortable for poeple who are not so young, or dressing for various workplaces. But elderly? Maybe shapeless? Schlumpy? Less put together--as if one grabbed random pants and a top without bothering what? Or as if you stay mostly at home, and choose to pay minimum attention to appearance because nobody has expectations of you.

But then, these things might be true of any age. Or gender, for that matter. So the other interesting question is why any of us pay much attention or have so many opinions about it. Other than the fact that a huge sector of the economy relies on it!

Trusted Contributor
Dated loud prints, slinky poly and boxy shapeless styles. Her line doesn't look modern at all.