Super Contributor

SG Top A372460 in the black stripe

This top looks cute, however concerned the horizontal strips will make me appear wide, which is not really what I'm going for....  could use a little slimming effect instead.  Hmm..  it does have somewhat of a flare ...  Does anyone know if this is going to be shown on a model or have thoughtson how this would look on a person with a bit of a middle?

Susan.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: SG Top A372460 in the black stripe

@LillyBee2 The black godets on the sides provides a bit of a slimmer illusion effect.  Yes, I believe that it might be not the most figure flattering on a somewhat chunky figure.  But if I really like a piece of clothing, I go for it and the attitude, joy, and posture makes up for the perhaps a little less than flattering shape.  Go for it if you love it!

Super Contributor

@phoenixbrdAh thanks!  your right... if you like something go ahead and wear it... you'll look good cause you'll feel good.    Maybe i'll get a Peleton for Christmas!  just joking Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I love Susan's sweaters and lately she has not been doing many of them.  I look forward to new ones, but this one is a pass for me because of the stripes

Respected Contributor

It is a cute top.

I have noticed she has come out with a few striped pieces this winter.

*I think if one carries their weight more in the hip area, this particular top would look nice.

I just reallly don't do horizontal stripes

- narrow or wide -

just not at all flattering on me period.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I have a SG top that has narrower stripes and I find it slimming.  However, IMO, this top with the insets would just call attention to my hips (not a good thing) and at that price, an easy pass for me.