Frequent Contributor

First SG purchase... sizing?

Hi all, I am serously considering getting the bonded fleece colorblock jacket from last nights presentation but i cant figure out sizing. Shawn says she was wearing the xxs so im confused because i wouldnt have pegged for that size. I am not sure what size to order now? I am 4'11 and 127 pounds and Im petite... what size do you think I should wear? I wear a small in tops and my jeans are size 28/29.

Thank you! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: First SG purchase... sizing?

Little Pixie - SG clothes run a little large--so you probably need a smaller size that you usually buy in "bricks-n-mortor" stories. There's a place within each item that says something like "for sizing on this garmet, click here." I'd urge you to always check to exact dimensions for each garment. That feature is always extremely helpful to me in being able to select the right size.

Good luck--and welcome to SG clothes! She has some great garments!

Honored Contributor

Check the QVC size chart and then check the actual measurements on the garment. (In the product description, you should see a "click here" link for actual measurements.)

I always use those because jackets and coats can be sized differently because you might be wearing a bulky sweater or several layers underneath.

The Susan Graver coat I bought a few years ago was much too big and I wound up returning it for one two sizes smaller than the SG shirts I wear. I could have avoided that if I'd read the measurements.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@littlepixie  MS Pixie, as a rule for me I usually but size small or xsmall for her tops.  In numeric sizing, I've been buying her long sleeved shirts in size 4 but a size 6 works as well, it's not too big.  I'm slight on top (5'4, 128-130lbs), hardly any boobs!!!  LOL although I buy 36A (med in genie bras).

For her jackets/blazers I buy small.  If I were to buy that coat/jacket you're talking about I'd buy a small.  If I were you however I'd buy xsmall.  That coat is sweet by the way!  If I needed a coat like that (outer wear) I'd be waiting for it to get to me at this point b/c I'd have purchased it yesterday.  It's a good looking coat!

I hope you decide to get it, you'll be styling for sure!  I will also toss out to you that since it's on easy pay, you may want to consider buying an xxs & an xs, return the one you don't want to keep.

(scratching my head to believe SK had a xxs on too, just sayin')

Frequent Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD Thank you mama!! Seriosuly I am so lost. I was just looking at the sizing chart which in no way matches the measurement chart (which I cant figure out btw lol) So Im sitting here scratching my head. 

I will probably follow your measurements! I actually just had my second son two months ago and I was always small on top (an A too) and now Im like a D lol. Im in complete shock ... Just sure if my new boobs will stay (they didnt with my first) so I was hoping they would have measurements by bust and wasit size, but they dont. Maybe I wll purchase a small and xs and just try them on. I just hate to pay for the return shipping lol.

Its a great looking little coat. I love me some fleece and this actually looks stylish and you cant tell its fleece! So cute! 

Honored Contributor

@littlepixie  My goodness, we women and our boobs!!!!  LOL  Perhaps I missed something by not having kids!!!!

Anyway, honestly I rarely look at the size charts.  It's my waist & hips that I fret over.  Yes I have that 60's pooch going on but it's below my actual waistline so I'm grateful for elastic waist bands because a typical waist is way big while the hips/butt fit.

I hear you on the return costs but sometimes I second guess my size and then I'm griped at myself because I should have/could have sized down.  Your take on a small & xs I think is still a good idea.  Don't forget to consider what you'll be wearing underneath your new coat ie heavier sweaters and the like.

Frequent Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD LOL you really made me laugh... I dont know if you missed anything because my boobs went away the first time, but my kid didnt! (I love him to death, so Im totally joking) but Im hoping they stick around this time... we will see lol

I am pretty petite so I was leaning towards the xsmall because I have a small mommy pouch still (but I am working out now so I hope not to have it for too long) and my hips are normal sized I guess... they def are huge. ARGH decisions decisions!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@littlepixie  Now I'm laughing!!!!

Any color you choose I am SURE will look spectacular!  Susan does great coats & jackets for sure.

Valued Contributor

I have a couple of SG's fleece coats and really like them. They don't pill ever, and they wash and dry very well. I wear XS in her clothes and the coats are the same for my shape. (5ft 3", 110 pounds)

Don't go by what Shawn says. She always squeezes into an XXS in any line.

Frequent Contributor

@Zita LMAO about Shawn!! She really through me for a loop when she said she was an xxs... I was like she looks a little bit bigger than me (She is skinny but cmon)