Respected Contributor

Choosing a size, Susan Graver

When the click here measurements are the same as yours, especially for bust and hip, do you order that size or do you size up thinking it will be too small? 

I am waitlisted for the split sleeve blouse from last night.  It sold out way too fast without much warning. They must not have had many. I wanted pink but got the blue.  Got it in a small but I’m afraid it’s gonna be too sloppy, usually wear an 8.  Also got the polkadot capris, but I’m afraid those are going to be too loose as well. I like the way they fit Susan.

Honored Contributor

Re: Choosing a size, Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue

It depends on the fabrc and your personal preference re fit, and the style of the garment.  Is it designed to be fitted, semi-fitted, loose fitting, or oversized?

For woven fabrics, you need wearing ease which generally means that you need to add and inch or two to your chest measurement to get the garment measurement.  

For knit fabrics, you can get away with less than 2" ease for a top.

For other woven fabrc garments ... see wearing ease chart.

Lots of other charts and nfo out there if you search "wearing ease."

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue@I never size up from the click here measurements.I like my clothing a little more fitted.I think Susan probably does that too as her clothes look more fitted than loose on her  body.I don’t have back fat or large stomach so maybe that is why this works for me.

Respected Contributor

Thank you both. I always feel concerned when choosing size!  Your comments are helpful. 

Valued Contributor

I have heard Jill Bauer say many times that the "click here" measurements are your exact measurements, so she advises to size up if you don't want it skin titght.

I find this erroneous. Of course, I pretty much know what I wear in Isaac and Susan, but when I have followed Jill's advice in other lines, I wind up with clothes that are too big. I'd just go along with the numbers and if they fit you, buy them!

Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

I have heard Jill Bauer say many times that the "click here" measurements are your exact measurements, so she advises to size up if you don't want it skin titght.

I find this erroneous. Of course, I pretty much know what I wear in Isaac and Susan, but when I have followed Jill's advice in other lines, I wind up with clothes that are too big. I'd just go along with the numbers and if they fit you, buy them!

@zitawins

I wonder if she ever stopped and thought about what she was saying????

That doesn't even make sense!  If t were your exact measurements, why does each garment have different measurements?

Honored Contributor

I've always thought the "click here" measurements were the garment measurements so since I know my measurements I can tell how loose/tight the item will be.  It's worked for me so far.

Respected Contributor

I guess what Jill is saying is that if the garment measures 38 at the hip and YOU measure 38 at the hip, it will be skin tight.  So if it's stretchy, that might work, woven maybe not.  

Super Contributor

@zitawins I have heard Jill say this too, but I thought it was only about specific garments? In general, I think you should stick with the size on the chart. I actually find that I wear a smaller size in QVC clothes than I wear in most retailers' clothing. 

I wear an XS in SG tops, and a S or size 6P in bottoms. This is true for Isaac Mizzirahi, LOGO, Halston, and Joan Rivers as well. In the brick-and-mortar retail stores, I am usually a S for tops and 8P for bottoms. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA...thanks for sharing that chart! That’s the most helpful chart I’ve seen.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.