Contributor

I couldn't agree more, Susan's prices are way over the top now and I also think D&co. isn't to far behind.

Honored Contributor

Everything at Chicos is on sale right now for 40% off!  I love those sales!

Respected Contributor

@josie  Don't forget to add LOGO to that list.  I think her prices are higher than Susan Graver's.

Trusted Contributor

I, too, no longer can afford QVCs prices. I used to buy all my shoes from QVC because it is hard to find an 11W in the stores. But after paying $5 to get them and $7 to return them when they SHOULD fit, I can't afford $12 to try on a pair of shoes. Now I get them from one of the many shoe sites that offer free shipping, free returns, 30% off etc.

And have to give up buying tops for $50. They aren't even special--just plain old tees. So now I find myself not watching the clothing and shoe shows anymore.  Too bad. QVC used to be my Goto for clothing, but no more. Even the lunchtime specials aren't specially priced. They should be half price to entice me.

Honored Contributor

Prices have gone up everywhere.  Subscribe to emails from the many retailers on the internet always holding sales. They usually email me every day, sometimes 2-3 times with specials.  

Also, try places like ebay and TJ Maxx.  Ebay sells new clothing.  Also, Marshalls and Ross Stores, but they don't have websites.  Check out JC Penney, Kohls, and Blair.  Don't overlook Walmart.  You'd be surprised what you find that no one would know you purchased there.  

QVC is stingy with its sales and clearance prices.  Occasionally, it surprises us.  I saw some D&C marked way down the other day, but that doesn't happen often.  Check its "As is" department, and Lunch and Prime Time specials.  Look at "New Markdowns."  Watch for "One Day Only" prices. 

It is costly for QVC to present each item in a TV format, but so is it costly to manage and staff brick and mortar stores.  Generally, I find QVC's prices compare to those in the marketplace for similar items that aren't on sale, but other retailers offer much better sale prices.  it's still a good place to shop.  Just don't buy as much.

Valued Contributor

As I was swapping my winter clothes for spring/summer clothes this past weekend, I noticed a trend: the items I paid a higher price for, example pima cotton or liquid knit, continue to stay in my closet year after year. The t-shirts, pants, etc that I have purchased from big box stores went in the donate bin, or in the garbage. I'm at a point in my life where I'd rather spend more money to have the quality than having to spend $15 over and over and over on a t-shirt that I'm going to throw away in 3 months

Respected Contributor

Why does anyone buy clothes from shopping channels???

Valued Contributor
We buy because we like the styles and fabrics and they are easy to have delivered and easy to return. They also give you thirty days...and you can wear them and still return the item. That is unheard of in a regular store. Try wearing a pair of shoes for thirty days and returning them to a shoe store. Very few will allow it. To get things cheaper, keep looking on ebay for your favorite QVC brands. I've gotten a lot there for a fraction of the price I would pay on QVC. All the brands are there. Some times its slim pickings but I"ve gotten some beautiful things. I just bought a LOGO cardigan on Poshmark for $12 dollars.
Respected Contributor

From what ‘i’ve Seen in the brick and mortar stores the fabrics are paper thin and see thru and that was from Lordand Taylor.  their prices were high also.  i’m Getting quality fabrics from Susan, Isaac and Bob Mackie.  I will keep working unless my health gives out.  I dread living on a fixed income.  

Respected Contributor

Prices are always rising. Everywhere.

I do buy some of her items. Am I a strictly SG shopper?, heaven’s no.

I buy what I like and what I can afford,

Of course, I look at the price. I have a mix of all kinds of clothes in my closet.

Anything from real ridiculously low priced deals - to I know I paid too much

for it, but I just had to have it.

Everyone has their own budget to work with. 

-Texas Hill Country-