New Contributor

CUSTOMERS WHO CAN PAY YOUR PRICES ARE VERY LUCKY.  UNFORTUNATELY, YOU HAVE PRICED ME OUT OF THE GAME.

Honored Contributor

@YOUNGATHEART.  Yes, you defjnitely pay a premium for the convenience of shopping on TV.  However, there are frequently specials and sales for those budger conscious coustomers.  Check daily for lunchtime specials by putting "LTS" in the search bar at the top of the page.  Check for clearance items at the end of a season.  Fortunately there are many alternate places to shop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Low price of high price.....I just don't see anything of interest.  Quality = stinks.  I thought Joan R's line would be exceptional so ordered 2 of same top, different colors.  One fit just okay;  but material was thin as paper - but I kept it.  The other one was so 'off' in the shoulder area couldn't lift arms and the fabric was, of course, thin.  We're talking $69 for each.  Returned defective one.  I won no return charge but have no plans to buy again.

Honored Contributor

I know you can buy somewhat the same kind of thing at Wally World even tho the fabrics are usually not as nice, but for $15 - $19 they offer (sometimes) the same look.  But if you go into Dillards (example), you'll find average blouses going for at least $50.  Sometimes for less and of course the sales..... however, as I went shopping yesterday I was blown away by how much clothing costs out there.  I love a certain brand of slacks and they were $45.  I haven't bought any for a couple of years!  They must have stocked their summer colors a while ago because they only had one left in the color I wanted (light gray) in my size so I swallowed hard and bought them.

All I used to wear was Susan Graver but now if I buy her clothing, I choose what I love from her clearances.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Oh well, that's how the game is played. 

Honored Contributor

Prices have gone up like crazy.You can still get great deals from stores if you watch sales.

Honored Contributor

My guess is most people are like me.  Most people (especially many Americans) have more clothes and 'things' than they can use.

There are very few things I see on TV and/or shopping that I must have.

If I want something and really like it, I decide if I want to pay the asking price. 

I used to worry that I had issues with buying so much.  But then I decided to test myself and see if I could go without buying QVC/HSN, etc. 'stuff'.  

Guess what!  No trouble at all.  I spend a lot of time at home.  I've just started having major repairs done on my house.  I feel like I'm going back to when I was young and had interest in 'doing' instead of 'buying and observing'.  My pain has lessened and I'm getting out more.  As I do that....I'm not interested in buying from the TV.

I was just thinking about it.  My guess is that the amount of items sold on home-buying networks goes in cycles.  As the weather gets better (i.e. Spring, Summer, Fall) people are out and away from their TV.  QVC, etc. pay enormous big bucks to companies to follow these cycles.  They know this to be true

They know people aren't sitting in front of their computers, buying things they/we/I don't need.  

So, my guess is home shopping networks get the most they can...while they have ..... well...a captive audience.

It's the good old American way.  It's called Capitalism.  That's the beauty of this 'capitalism'.  We can always go somewhere else.....or...here's a novel idea....'We just don't buy it'.

I'm talking about myself here.  I'm only offering up what works for me.  It sounds like it works for other's here too.

Esteemed Contributor

With me it is just a very bad habit that I just cannot seem to break.Even though  it annoys me a lot ,with the really slow shipping and the unavailabiltiy to cancel orders

I am so old that I actually do not "need" anything but I just cannot break the very bad habit of shopping here even though I really  cannot stand it and seldom watch...............sigh.

If I think fast enough ,I will buy it on Amazon <3

where I  really prefer to shop.

I have shopped here since (before) day 1      Smiley Sad   Sad isn't it that QVC has deteroiated so much ,yet habit keeps us shopping here.............sigh

Honored Contributor

@YOUNGATHEARTYou're right that we who can afford what we part are fportunate people - although it's not all luck.  For the majority of my life there would have been no way I could have paid most of Susan's prices (or the inflation adjusted amount for the years when I was struggling), but I can and do now.   BUT-  where I used to buy many items frquently, now I buy one occasionally and that habit helps me fin space in my budget if that one is higher than I would have spent when I was many frwuently.

Alos, I buy Susan's Essentials far more than what I'll call hee trendy items.  The Essentials aren't terribly expensive and they do wear forwver.  That makes them inexpensive -    if you have the dollars to get started.

The most expensive clothes I seem to buy are those I buy just because they're on sale and then don't wear!  I really dislike myself when something goes to the thrift shop with a price tag still in place  That's really wasted $$$ no matter how few!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been buying less and less after many many years of purchasing at QVC....i still buy certain items occassionally

and a fashion or two here and there..........but nothing like before..............between sizes not being the same, the prices of returns....and most tops end up $50 or more......

and the trendy same old same old styles by each of the few  fashion stylists they have left........it has gotten easy.