Trusted Contributor

ANOTHER OPEN FRONT CARDIGAN???

What's the deal with open front cardigans?  I must have seen 50 new ones last year, and now another one for the TSV on Thursday.  And it has long sleeves (for Spring????) and no pockets.  They all look the same to me.  I was hoping for something new and different for spring. 

SG, please - no more open front cardis for awhile -- it's time for something NEW in your line.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: ANOTHER OPEN FRONT CARDIGAN???

[ Edited ]

What ideas would you have?  They just happen to be what's in now.  When they were doing the boyfriend cardigan people got sick of that too. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I'm a brick and mortar shopper for 99% of my clothing.  Two styles seem to be dominating the racks.  One is the open-front cardigan and the other are the Logo-type tops, some to layer, but many with the layers wuilt in.  Either way, they're way to mycu drape for me.

When retailers wonder why clothing is so difficult to sell, they need to look at what they're trying to sell.  In all of 2015, I spent less than $100 on clothing - and for me it was not because I had no money to spend; it was because I look just as good or better in what I already own as I would in what's on the racks.

It's truly time for me to shop.  Fresh is in order.  Sadly, I'm still not thrilled, not with the styles or the colors.  I did look at the upcoming SG TSV - it's not for me.  Like OP, I still like the old tank/top with the ruched sleeves from long ago --

and Susan is right.  Her fabrics don't pill and don't fade.  That's why, when the style is right, I don't mind her prices at all.

Honored Contributor

Open front cardigans are a workhorse in my wardrobe.  They will soon go the way of other 'in' designs, so wonder what style will replace them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

What ideas would you have?  They just happen to be what's in now.  When they were doing the boyfriend cardigan people got sick of that too. 

I realize they're in style - and I do have several different styles.  It just seems like that's all she's been doing for awhile now.  I would love a new tunic for spring, or perhaps a cute boyfriend/big shirt. Something with 3/4 or elbow sleeves (or roll tabs), and something light weight for spring and summer.  Actually, I really like her new brushed back knit and was hoping she'd come up with something for spring in that fabric.  Maybe she will down the road.  We'll see. 

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

What's the deal with open front cardigans?  I must have seen 50 new ones last year, and now another one for the TSV on Thursday.  And it has long sleeves (for Spring????) and no pockets.  They all look the same to me.  I was hoping for something new and different for spring. 

SG, please - no more open front cardis for awhile -- it's time for something NEW in your line.  Thanks.

What would you like to see?  You would you call "new"?  Please don't say 3 legged pants that we wear on heads.  That would be new but I don't think they would sell.....lol

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames@chrystaltree

Those open front cardigans do not flatter me... so I think I have seen enough...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I really like cardigans. They provide good "soft suiting" for work.

Respected Contributor

I never heard of a cardigan called open front.  By definition that's what a cardigan is and it's just called a cardigan.  Is that in contrast to a closed front cardigan?  But, that is called a pullover.  Huh!

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I never heard of a cardigan called open front.  By definition that's what a cardigan is and it's just called a cardigan.  Is that in contrast to a closed front cardigan?  But, that is called a pullover.  Huh!

I was thinking along the same lines as you... techinically that's what a cadigan is.I guess the open front refers to no buttons or closures? They use the term for swing type cardigans I've noticed.