Honored Contributor

A287700 Liquid Knit Skort with Godets

[ Edited ]

Aloha!  I have a sizing question.  I have 2 Liquid Knit skorts in size medium, that fit perfectly.  I am a solid size Large according to QVC's size chart, so I'm wondering if I should go on past experience and order A287700 in a medium as well, or order according to the size chart, which is a large.

For those of you who are long-standing SG customers, do you find that once you order a specific size in an item, it's pretty consistent?  Meaning, I should be safe ordering another medium, or is her sizing inconsistent in the sense I should order a large?  Shipping back & forth to Hawaii is 3-4 times as high as the mainland ($9.22 for this skort), so I don't want to throw away money trying on clothes.

I'd appreciate some feedback from you SG veterans.  Thanks so much!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A287700 Liquid Knit Skort with Godets

I am always a large in her pants.  I also buy large in her skirts and skorts, however, the liquid knit skirts and skorts seem to fit a bit loose around my waist.  But for me, I would not size down.

As far as her tops (even though you did not ask), I go between a medium and a large depending on the style and fabric.  Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't.  I recently returned a large top that was too big, and two medium tops that were too small.

It is a bit frustrating, not to mention expensive.

I did see that skort with the godets and I think it is cute.  Since you know a medium fits, maybe you should try that first, especially if the garment measurements are the same as the one you already have and like.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

No, I do not find that the sizing is totally consistent. I go from an xs to a s across the board. Generally, they follow the click here guide, but that click here measurement is unique to the particular item, not a general size guide, so in one top I will be a xs and in another a s. Sometimes, her items are just not proportioned to fit my body type. I ordered two skorts last year which I absolutely loved and hoped she would bring them back. I happened to catch a new one on line recently with a smaller print which I had so wanted last time around, and so I purchased it in the same size. It is very slightly shorter than last years, and I'm not happy about that, but the overall fit is very slightly different which I think is the cause for the discrepancy in length. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People still buy and wear skorts?  Really? Gosh, I never see anyone around my town wearing them.....not for at least the last 20-25 years or so. And when I did used to see them, they weren't very flattering on anyone.  They are quite boxy and "boxy" isn't flattering to a woman's lower half.

Honored Contributor

Sorry that I can't help you regarding the sizing, @SurferWife, but those skorts are cute.  I see women wearing skorts during the winter months in AZ, especially for golf and racquet games.  

Honored Contributor

her skorts are so cute......and they do not look anything like a "traditional skort" does. i have found that they do run a bit on the large side. i would think stckiing with the same size you have ordered before in the skort would work, especially if the material and the basic style is the same.

i have a couple and have bought two for my twentysomething daughter.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

her skorts are so cute......and they do not look anything like a "traditional skort" does. i have found that they do run a bit on the large side. i would think stckiing with the same size you have ordered before in the skort would work, especially if the material and the basic style is the same.

i have a couple and have bought two for my twentysomething daughter.

@sunshine45...that's what I'm thinking. I'm a solid Large, but in SG skorts, I've had to order a Medium. I think that's what I'll do with this one, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.