Hi I was wondering if especially during the holidays you could have vegetarian options like spring rolls, pot stickers, soups, ect. i have family members who are vegetarian and have such a hard time providing options for them when it is just 2 people and no one else will eat it. Thanks for your help. Jen Bolling

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jen!! How nice of you to think of your vegan family members. I know Boku Foods (i buy their smoothie mixes and is organic) has a recipe page on their website Boku dot com and they also sell a kosher/vegan/organic cookbook on Evine website. Everything from rolls, chocolate dishes using cocao, vegan protein dishes etc etc. Hope that helps.

Valued Contributor

As long as they are vegetarian and not vegan you could serve macaroni and cheese and most people like that.  Bread stuffing using vegetable broth would work too.  I have a book called Whole Life Nutrition that has ideas too.  Maybe your library has a copy of  it and some other vegetarian cookbooks that might give you some ideas.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I ate vegetarian for a few years and never expected anyone to have to cater to me when all others ate what the host made.  I always brought a couple of vegetarian dishes for all to enjoy along with me.  I always thought it was quite selfish to expect the host to have to make something extra because I wouldn't eat the meat meals that the others wanted.

Esteemed Contributor

@5346, while I don't know if either product can be certified as vegetarian Q does offer veggie burgers and one of the potsticker choices is veggie.  I did not see anything vegan if that is what you are seeking.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I buy the veggie choice in Perfect Gourmet pot stickers and really like them. I also purchased the veggie burger from QVC and they are good. I've been looking for a veggie burger to havein my freezer for lunch. I'm not a fan of black bean or brown rice so that eliminated most of what I could find.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

There are tons of variety for vegetarians out there.  If you want appetizers, I'm sure the frozen ones you mentioned are fine.  As for meals, I love making a hearty black bean chili with cilantro and putting it over brown rice.  It's really delicious.  

I am a vegetarian, and don't eat a whole lot when I go to Thanksgiving dinner at friends' homes.  It's fine - I usually have some of the appetizers, salad, maybe some bread.  I also bring something with me.  I am not vegan so it is much easier.