Contributor

too many of your clothing items are made in China.Anything mad in the USA?

Trusted Contributor

Re: too many of your clothing items are made in China.Anything mad in the USA?

It isn't just their clothing ...... a lot of their merchandise is made in China.

Honored Contributor

Fresh Produce is a line that's made mostly in America.  I love their summery beach look.

Honored Contributor

@flushingfashionista   Thank goodness for China!  They make nice products at a fair price.  Our own garment industry went out of business.  If it weren't for China, we'd be nude.  I get sick of hearing people cutting them down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Or if we were multi-millionaires we could buy high-end clothes from France or Italy. 

Unfortunately, they are not focused on fashion right now.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political and controversial

Valued Contributor

I have yet to come across clothes that are not made in China, except vintage ones in thrift stores.

Remember the late 70's commercial that sang Look for the Union Label?

Honored Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

I have yet to come across clothes that are not made in China, except vintage ones in thrift stores.

Remember the late 70's commercial that sang Look for the Union Label?

@piperbay   Many clothes are now being made in Viet Nam, Cambodia and other places in Southeast Asia as well as Central America in order to avoid the tariffs on Chinese goods.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  You are right, now that you mention that. I think a few of my Susan Graver items were made in Viet Nam.  The discount stores like Marshall's or Ross have clothes from those other countries too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  I know for a fact there are many trees manufacturing apples and cherries in my state.  Excellent quality control and reasonable prices, too.  

Seriously, it's a sore subject with me.  Every piece of clothing I purchased from QVC was made in China.  How do I know?  I check labels of everything I buy from all retailers.  Most of what I purchased elsewhere also manufactured in China.  It makes me ill to see Ralph Lauren labels say Made in China.  It used to be Italy.

Walmart is having a lot of their clothing made in other countries.  I am seeing Indonesia and Central and South American countries. 

There are only a few companies in the U.S. making clothing.  

Maytag's Commercial washer and dryer used in laundromats converted for homes makes the parts and are put together in the U.S.  So is Speed Queen.  

Some furniture, Kindel, Kittinger, Henkel Harris, and some of Henredon, is still made in the USA.  Most other companies in China, Philippines, and other countries. 

They are a few examples.  The problem, there are not many things still 100% made here.  Often you will see products are made from parts manufactured in China, but are put together here.