Valued Contributor

stacey great on gourmet shows

I was able to watch the gourmet show with stacey. she has manners when trying the foods and puts her hand over her mouth when talking. She was terrific. I would like to see Rachael Boesing switched with StaceySmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: stacey great on gourmet shows

I find Stacey to be an all around excellent host, I especially like her cooking show.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Bella2022  I agree that Stacey seems like a good fit to replace Dan Wheeler and Sharon Faetsch as the primary host for QVC's gourmet food shows.  In fact, I think Stacey has found her niche at QVC  in the food and kitchen category.  She always seems adequate to me hosting any kind of show, but since QVC seems to like boxing hosts into specialties the kitchen and dining setting has proven to be an excellent choice for Stacey. 

I'm not sure yet who is the best fit for the co-host.  I'm not feeling Rachel Bosing with Stacey.  Alberti does his usual good job when I've seen him hosting gourmet food shows, but I've not seen him co-host wth Stacey yet.  That said, he would be my first choice because it would at least mean the shows would be handled by two hosts with solid on-air professional manners and voices. 

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Bella2022  I agree that Stacey seems like a good fit to replace Dan Wheeler and Sharon Faetsch as the primary host for QVC's gourmet food shows.  In fact, I think Stacey has found her niche at QVC  in the food and kitchen category.  She always seems adequate to me hosting any kind of show, but since QVC seems to like boxing hosts into specialties the kitchen and dining setting has proven to be an excellent choice for Stacey. 

I'm not sure yet who is the best fit for the co-host.  I'm not feeling Rachel Bosing with Stacey.  Alberti does his usual good job when I've seen him hosting gourmet food shows, but I've not seen him co-host wth Stacey yet.  That said, he would be my first choice because it would at least mean the shows would be handled by two hosts with solid on-air professional manners and voices. 

@Trix  I think Stacey & Alberti would be great on those gourmet food shows.  Stacey has indeed found her niche.  She's not great at beauty and jewelry, and just so-so at fashion.  However,  I think she has become fantastic at kitchen and food shows.

I think QVC's bigger issue is what to do with Rachel.  Although she seems like a very lovely person, her hosting manner takes a lot to sit through (I don't sit through her shows at all).  She's like a bull in a China shop in every presentation.  Too loud and claustrophobic for me.

Honored Contributor

I really like Stacey on any food or food-related shows.  However, not at all a fan of Alberti on the food shows.  I wonder how Katie McGee would do on a food show.  I really like her on other shows.

Frequent Contributor

I really enjoy watching Stacy as well. She is even toned and calm, seems really down to earth and not there to shove a sale down your throat.

Contributor

Alberti is very teritorial on the gourmet show, he is always butting in on his co host presentation, he has to eat everything presented.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Stacey is very zen, very relaxing to listen to.  

Contributor

Yes, I agree.  I don't like Rachael or even Rick doing the gourmet holiday shows.  When they are on I have to turn off sound or even channel.  They are too loud and talk over the vendors all the time especially Rachael.  Jane Tracey was good doing the gourmet show that I had seen her on.  She is a professional host.  Has the experience.  Alberti is OK.  These shows are not like they use to be.  When Jayne and Pat did the one show it so pleasant to watch.  Again they are professionals.  I hope QVC thinks about their hosts and what shows they are good at.  

Respected Contributor

@wahine50 wrote:

Alberti is very teritorial on the gourmet show, he is always butting in on his co host presentation, he has to eat everything presented.

You are correct.....watched him Saturday 6/29 with Rick Domier who is larger than life itself and AP dominated time and territory with vendor and Rick, but the constant, incessant giggling and exaggerated eating was very unpleasant. This seems to be the routine child-like behavior that is chronic with this host.