New Contributor

Hello,
i have been watching QVC for 27 years, and for the last 3 years i have not received the daily TSV email. I bet they have lost a lot of business, i forget to look, so do others. I have tried everything they said to do with no avail. So would you please fix this problem, it will increase sales.
Nancy B

Respected Contributor

Re: solution to dropping sales

[ Edited ]

@NIGHTNANC   I've had that same issue as well.  However,  I think the answer to slumping sales is an entire new management team.  I've been watching QVC since the beginning....  31 years,  and it's gone so far downhill in that period of time, in quality, offerings, value, etc.  Too many house brands and not enough unique items.

EDIT...    WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@NIGHTNANC   I've had that same issue as well.  However,  I think the answer to slumping sales is an entire new management team.  I've been watching QVC since the beginning....  31 years,  and it's gone so far downhill in that period of time, in quality, offerings, value, etc.  Too many house brands and not enough unique items.

EDIT...    WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

“We believe that humanity still matters in shopping, that relationships matter, people matter, inspiration matters, joy matters, fun matters in shopping, and that’s a really special thing that we get to experience together,” George said.

Mike George

Honored Contributor

I think retail needs new shoppers more than they need to try to entice buyers like me back into the market.  There's really not much I imagine any of them doing that will change my determination to use what I have and own fewer things.

I'm more of a brick and mortar shopper than an online orderer, and even with that, I've been in exactly one store (not countering supermarkets) all summer.  Went twice - bought one pair of earrings and a birthday card.

I'm probably management's nightmare -  I still have a bit of discretionary spending money and close to no interest right now in most of what any department store offers.

Respected Contributor

Ban hosts with voices like the proverbial chalk on the chalkboard.

Valued Contributor

Check to make sure you aren't on their "abuser" list.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

I think retail needs new shoppers more than they need to try to entice buyers like me back into the market.  There's really not much I imagine any of them doing that will change my determination to use what I have and own fewer things.

I'm more of a brick and mortar shopper than an online orderer, and even with that, I've been in exactly one store (not countering supermarkets) all summer.  Went twice - bought one pair of earrings and a birthday card.

I'm probably management's nightmare -  I still have a bit of discretionary spending money and close to no interest right now in most of what any department store offers.

@millieshops  - You are doing great staying focused on only buying food and fuel this summer!  I've appreciated so many of your thoughts on money and "stuff".  It's been helpful to hear you consistently talk about these things.  It is like a reminder to me to do what I know I should & want to do with my money....especially like using what I already have!  You mean I don't need to buy gadget "abc" when "xyz" that I already own also accomplishes the same task? Smiley Tongue   Or, free shipping really isn't of great importance on its own.  Ultimately,  it's the final/total cost, do I feel it's a fair price for me, and do I really, truly even need the item.  Thanks for sharing! 

Valued Contributor

Seeing the same things over and over isn't going to get people to buy it. You can only upgrade to another computer, mattress set, TV, etc. so often. Every computer you show is the biggest, fastest, etc. Maybe, but mine isn't that old and cost a lot. I'm not going to hand it down and get another one. Another Ipad, and whatever updated thing comes out. No getting a $1,200.00 computer for my daughter doesn't tell her i love her, it says I'm nuts for trusting a young kid with something that expensive. QVC used to show new products before they came out in the stores. Now, everyone has the same merchandise. All venders sell the same thing. And enough with the hours of Diamonique. Not every vender that sells jewlery has to use it in their designs. I've watched QVC since 1990, it used to be fun just to watch. Now, I can walk out of the room and come back later to the same item. Expensive purses, expensive everything. And some of the ugliest shoes and clothing I've seen. I'm not going to be buying for the mailman, the UPS driver, the bus driver, the neighbor down the street, the school teachers, and everyone else I see on the street. And the gift closet doen't exist. Make it interesting again. Show something new. And $10.00 a pound mac & cheese isn't being shipped to my house ever.  

Super Contributor

@NIGHTNANC wrote:

Hello,
i have been watching QVC for 27 years, and for the last 3 years i have not received the daily TSV email. I bet they have lost a lot of business, i forget to look, so do others. I have tried everything they said to do with no avail. So would you please fix this problem, it will increase sales.
Nancy B

@NIGHTNANC - Welcome to the forums! 

You mentioned that you have not been receiving the daily TSV emails.  If you would like to try to start getting them again,  I highly recommend directly emailing the forum moderators for assistance.  Their email address is:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.  Perhaps they can get this straightened out for you?  Sometimes they are able to fix issues that the phone CS reps haven't been able to help with!

Has anyone checked to see if you somehow got placed on "QVC's Do Not Call/Contact List"?  It's been mentioned in the forums that this list prevents customers from receiving QVC's "The Insider", so I assume the same would hold true for the emails you want.  The mods can find out if you are on this list and if so, what you need to do to get off of it.  I accidently marked an email as "spam" from another retailer and ended up on their Do Not Contact list.  All I had I do to get off that list was send an email to the address they gave me stating that yes, they could contact me via phone and email.  I imagine there are several ways people inadvertently end up on those lists.

Honored Contributor

The solution to declining sales is to offer a variety of quality as well as unique products.  I've been watching for 21 years and have seen Q's product lines decline in many ways.... quality and variety.  

Their clothing is declining in quality and quite boring.  They never have anything new.  And their horrendous prints would make a 20 year old look 90.  It's time for some fun clothes as well as some classics.  

One of the topics hit in many quarterly reports is jewelry.  Their sales are really low and I'm not at all surprised.  Their variety and quality has tanked in the last several years.  They claim to be so big in gold jewelry but they aren't.  They desperately need a new gold buyer, someone with an eye for what we want and for quality.  That would quickly increase jewelry sales.