Trusted Contributor

please Qvc tell your hosts to start talking about garment measurements!!! Tired of listening to shatter of 20 minutes about what I can where it with, what color it goes with, etc.  Want to purchase, but need garment stats! Don't say goodbye o to computer, because I just went to item I was watching , and there aren't any listed. Read reviews, all said different things about sizing. 

Respected Contributor

Those stats are available online.  Who buys by garment measurement....no one I've ever known.  Do you really walk into Macy's and take a tape measure with you when your buy pants?  Do you really say to a sales associate,  do you have these pants in this garment measurement....lol   I've also never been in a store where they arrange everything by garment measurement.  But QVC has you covered if that's your thing.....online.  

Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

Those stats are available online.  Who buys by garment measurement....no one I've ever known.  Do you really walk into Macy's and take a tape measure with you when your buy pants?  Do you really say to a sales associate,  do you have these pants in this garment measurement....lol   I've also never been in a store where they arrange everything by garment measurement.  But QVC has you covered if that's your thing.....online.  

What?  No I don't take a tape measure with me to brick and mortar because I try it on! With Qvc, sizing is all over the place and all information they can give while showing an item is needed.   One doesn't always have time to go online especially when things are selling out quickly in your size.  

Regular Contributor

ITA Willomenia!!!!!! NO I don't take a tape measure to Macy's either you walk over to the fitting room, walk in. and try the garmet on - something you CANNOT do when it's presented on TV. I too know what I can wear the item with I just want the hosts to do their job and give INFORMATION, not just jabber. I will never understand why this is so hard!.

From time to time (and thankfully it's happening more now) the Q is putting this information on the screen.

I'm with you Willomenia!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

btw, the stats i wanted were not available online for some reason. no, as others stated i can try on garments from a department store. btw, if you don"t buy online according to garment measurments, i'm guessing your clothes don't really fit you.

Trusted Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

You can't try on clothes that you buy from QVC or other online retailers, so you have to rely on garment measurements to ensure a good fit.

Men's pants are sold by waist size and inseam length, they don't have figure out if they're a size 6 or size medium.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Contributor

I also want CORRECT measurements. I have gotten items home, only to find out the measurements are incorrect! I should NOT have to pay shipping to return these items!!

Respected Contributor

@Debsters wrote:

I also want CORRECT measurements. I have gotten items home, only to find out the measurements are incorrect! I should NOT have to pay shipping to return these items!!

I agree and also I want correct measurements on handbags as well.  The measurements for many Dooney bags that Qvc sells are completely wrong which results in returns that the customer should not have to pay for.  

Esteemed Contributor

I want to hear everything about the product being sold. I'm not interested in their giggling and laughing about the weekend. If it's a top, I want to know everything about the fabric, laundry instructions, relaxed or fitted, the length of the garment. The host is my eyes, ears and hands for the garment. It is their job to help me get the right fit, no overselling, so I do not have to return. Most returns are hosts failure to do their job.

Trusted Contributor

We all know we can refer to the size charts and to the chart with the garment measurements but we also need to know if they are running true to size.  To many times the garments do not match the garment chart measurements.  People here frequently state that an item is to tight and the model or host should size up.  Does this mean I should size up as I sure would never wear something that tight or gaping open at the chest.   We have also been asking that they have the models remove jackets so that we can see how the top fits.  We are not models, stylist,etc but sometimes it appears the customers know more about proper fit than some at the Q.   I have narrowed down the list of designers that I can trust.  I will not order from those I have had fit and quality on my purchases.  There are many places with a history of great products and return shipping policies and I have been holiday shopping with them so far.