New Contributor

sizes and fit. Can you PLEASE make all brands fit with same measurements?

Honored Contributor

Re: sizes and fit. Can you PLEASE make all brands fit with same measurements?

@Tigee   If you knew anything about clothing manufacturing, you'd know that's impossible.  When they're cutting fabric even the relative humidity or the location of a piece in a large pile can cause the size to vary slightly.  Have you ever shopped in a department store where every size in different brands fit the same?  I haven't.

I find I pretty much always wear the same size in QVC clothing but before I order, I always check the actual garment measurements (not the size chart), and I almost never have to return anything but you never know when there might be some anomaly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tigee  That's impossible. Every manufacturer measures differently. Check the size charts.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 That's impossible. Every manufacturer measures differently. Check the size charts.

If only THAT helped.  I check the charts and the fit still isn't guaranteed.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Kachina624 That's impossible. Every manufacturer measures differently. Check the size charts.

@Love my grandkids   What's impossible?  An inch is an inch everywhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Ooops! sorry. I meant to address the OP. Gonna go edit now!

Contributor

My hubby was just pointing out to me the other day that when he buys shirts or pants, the sizing is always the same despite different manufacturers.  He said if they can do that for men why not women.  I was complaining that I have bought Denim & Co tops many times and about half of them are S and half of them are M.  I always check the sizing on the QVC web site for the particular item but I have had to exchange or return several items anyway because the sizing is so inconsistent even in that one brand.

Respected Contributor

That’s great if you’re the standard size.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tigee

Not possible, and it's not just QVC.

How many times have we selected a few pieces of clothing, all the same size and gone into a fitting room to try them on.  They never all fit exactly the same.  Never.  

I distinctly recall shopping for a couple pair of good quality black dress slacks.  Before I'd finally gotten what I wanted, I must have gone to five or six different stores, and tried on what seemed like at least a couple dozen pair of slacks.  The differences in the cut -- all the same size -- was just shocking, and I was exhausted. Talk about a frustrating experience!   When I got home I had to take a nap.  Woman Frustrated

Visitor

It can be done. Manufacturers choose not to. Only in women's sizes. It must be entertaining to mess with our psyche. I can buy a med tall for my husband from anywhere , any brand and it fits him. If they can do this for men they can certainly do it for us. But then how would they get their entertainment ?