Frequent Contributor

I really wish the hosts would stop useing the "Pandemic" as a selling point! it really is disgusting. 

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated
Honored Contributor

I don't find it disgusting at all.  I'd say realistic.  It the reason for many if the problems we've had getting merchandise.  Things like material shortages, severe shipping problems both foreign and domestic, increases in prices, delays, social distancing affecting operations in offices, warehouses, on-air presentations.  There are probably more.

You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen but it did, and it hasn't gone away.

For a long time, a year or more, the hosts didn't mention the pandemic when they should have.  It might have helped people understand the problems retailers were having and be more patient.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think that's what it's still being called, but it's evolving into a endemic. It will eventually be like the flu. Something we have to deal with on an ongoing, or seasonal basis.

I don't think it's a selling point, as much as it is a reality. A reality that has altered many lives,  and our world, in general. We can't pretend it's no longer affecting many of our lives. It ain't over, yet!

Respected Contributor

Ditto, @Kachina624's post. Reality is just that --- reality. 

Honored Contributor

I wish they would call it what it is, a pandemic , instead of those childish euphemisms like " these special times. "  Good grief, we are not children. As for using it as a selling point, well, they use dead relatives so there are no limits. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Thank you.  Your comments are realistic and right on. 

Honored Contributor

@JJK1954    Every single thread you've ever started here has been critical of qvc.  Perhaps you need to watch other TV channels or shop elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

It's one thing, perhaps, to discuss or explain how the pandemic might have impacted order fulfillment, pricing and so on. That is reality. That, however, isn't the context in which the topic surfaces. Using life's hardships, including the pandemic, to help move the goods strikes me as low rent.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb   I haven't heard that happen.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It's one thing, perhaps, to discuss or explain how the pandemic might have impacted order fulfillment, pricing and so on. That is reality. That, however, isn't the context in which the topic surfaces. Using life's hardships, including the pandemic, to help move the goods strikes me as low rent.

You are right and I agree with what the OP is saying. Using the pandemic in their sales spiel to move product has gotten annoying but was worse during the height of it. 

I mean, David (who I'm actually a big fan of BTW) could be showing a can opener or any mundane item and bring up the pandemic to sell it!