Honored Contributor

"Only secure content is displayed" popping up on QVC site

[ Edited ]

"Only secure content is displayed" is frequently popping up only on QVC site.  It also has an option to click onto "Show all content".   ...........  Now, why would I want to click onto content that isn't secure? ............Please, QVC, look into this matter, as it's very annoying.  (Said in a nice way, but would like a remedy to this problem.)  BTW, there is a (my) thread on Community Chat where several customers/posters are very annoyed by this pop-up.   It's popping up 'way too many' times.  Very distracting.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Re: "Only secure content is displayed" popping up on QVC site

Agree!

Respected Contributor

Just go into your internet options to change it.  Worked for me

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY, I get that message constantly when I use the library PCs. Librarian said it had to do with pictures and links being posted by forum users.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting the same thing, CONSTANTLY, but only here on this board. Mine also has a "what's the risk" thingy to click on. I clicked on it but there was so much info to plow through I didn't feel like reading it all then and there, figured some other day. Just remember quickly glancing at it and thinking "oh some things on that site are not secure, I'll order by phone till I figure it out.

Respected Contributor

This is driving me nuts............it shows up on every single page that you click on when you're on this site.......very annoying!

Honored Contributor

Well, surely the 'Poofer'/Monitor has read this thread and it's in the process of being fixed.   Right?  (Said in a nice, not derogatory way....)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

This according to Microsoft regarding this message:

"This message is telling you that there may be both secure and non-secure content on the page. Secure and non-secure content, or mixed content, means that a webpage is trying to display elements using both secure (HTTPS/SSL) and non-secure (HTTP) web server connections. This often happens with online stores or financial sites that display images, banners, or scripts that are coming from a server that is not secured. The risk of displaying mixed content is that a non-secure webpage or script might be able to access information from the secure content."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2625928/-only-secure-content-is-displayed-notification-in-i...

No way am I going to try to circumvent this message with the above 'solution' in post #4 to make the message go away, when it doesn't fix the problem that exists with displaying mixed content from a secure and a non-secure server.

There's a reason we are getting this message and QVC needs to FIX IT! We were not getting it before this site starting having so many problems lately.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I would post this under Customer Care, if here isn't one (or more) already.

That forum seems to be very closely monitored by the Mods and they respond frequently.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I just read on another post that this seems to be happening on IE. So I switched to Chrome and the messages do not appear.

I'll stick with Chrome!