Respected Contributor

Instead of "locking" commenting or moving these posts, why not just delete them ALL. There are LOTS of locked posts on all the topics. Clean up the forums & just delete!

Honored Contributor

I think those locked threads are kept there so that less posters will simply duplicate the thread, having not seen the earlier thread that was deleted.  I think they are left there as a reminder of what to stay away from when posting. 

Honored Contributor

By seeing threads removed and the reason tells posters what they are not allowed post (since they obviously have read the standards).  They also will not wonder what happened to it when it disappears.  You know how people practically become hysterical when they think their post is missing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree, @Caaareful Shopper and @Kachina624.    Also, on the old forum platform we constantly saw threads/posts asking the moderators to close threads instead of completely deleting them and to give us explanations when they were closed or deleted.   I'm guessing this new system is a result of the requests, at least in part.  It might have been included in the surveys we saw prior to the forum redesign.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova