Honored Contributor

Re: "Embrace the Difference" symbol

@SeaMaiden wrote:

MMMMMmmmm... who is the square depicting?  

It's depicting every.single.person.on.Earth.

We're all different in some way or another.

🌼💛

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry to sound negative but if I had not read this thread and saw the jewelry I would have no idea it supposedly meant something. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

🌼💛

Ok. I see.  I do not find it something I would wear... but to each his own.

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think we need something like that at this time, but all those qualities should be taught in the home. If someone was not trying to make money from the symbol I'd be more enthused about it.

So it's OK for people to make crosses to wear and hang that symbol in their home and make money from it, but not this symbol?  I don't understand your objection.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

🌼💛

Ok. I see.  I do not find it something I would wear... but to each his own.

GEEEZ, people wear all kinds of symbols - crosses, bees, hearts, just to name of few. 

Didn't realize my post was going to stir up such negative posts.  Excuse me to all I have offended.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

🌼💛

Thank you for posting, Sidsmom.  At least YOU understand it!!

Good grief.....I think this symbol is needed more than I originally thought....

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@DottieBlue 

Thank you for posting, I was unaware of the products and glad you brought it to my attention.  I really love the sentiment and the bracelet is beautiful.  What a nicer place it would be if we all employed this thought toward others even when posting.  

So true!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

It should begin at home.  No created symbol that stands for something to sell jewelry is going to change anything.  Done before and will probably be done again over and over.  

Well, it's obvious it isn't being taught in the home, or there would be less hate crimes and more tolerance of others who are "different" - such as color of skin, religion, country of origin, political points of view, etc., etc., etc., don't you think?  

I don't think this symbol was created to SELL jewelry, it was made into jewelry to wear to get the message out or to indicate what the wearer's point of view is--just like people who wear 14kt gold crosses.  Does wearing a cross "change anything"??

I wear symbols, I wear a cross to symbolize my faith for me, no one else.  I wear a heart my DH gave me to symbolize his love for me.  That doesn't "change" anything either.  Symbols are messages and reminders to those who wear/see them.  JMO.

Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue  ..... I don't think anyone is intentionally being negative. If you had not mentioned this piece of jewelry or if it was not shown on QVC most of us would never had heard of this "symbol" since the only reference to it on a search engine reflects back to the company that created and is selling it. 

I can't tell the future so I do not know if this "symbol" will become popular or not. As for me, and this is my opinion, it is not a piece of jewelry I would wear. I like the thought "embrace the difference" I just don't think the jewelry "says it". Again, this is only my opinion.

Maybe if you had posted your thread in the Jewelry Forum you might have gotten a better response.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...