Esteemed Contributor

mods:

Based on @eddyandme thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Today-s-Special-Value/A-COMFY-SURPRISE/m-p/5821712

I'd like to suggest the "Comfy" brothers manufacture this in Blaze Orange and promote it to hunters.

I personally know dozens of people who hunt that would go for this extra layer of warmth while sitting quietly in a tree stand for hours.

Of course, the inside would have to be Blaze Orange too. No velcro or snaps, due to the noise they make. But a few buttons to facilitate on/off while seated would help.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge.  What a great idea.  It would make a great gift for the man or woman hunter  who has everything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Comfy" color

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 , I never knew one who had "everything" yet. They usually have sporting goods wish lists a mile long.

You spend much time sitting motionless in a tree stand, 25' off the ground?

It's frequently quite breezy and much colder in the trees compared to being at ground level.

Same cold winds hit you sitting in a bass boat out on a lake, unprotected by buildings.

A Blaze Orange comfy with buttons, and the buttonholes on a tab/strap would get a lot of smiles at Christmas. Depending on a person's size, most could wear several thin layers below it.

Edit to add: a lot of folks sleep in their car during a hunting or fishing weekend, so this item would eliminate hauling bedding along on the trip, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge  - Great suggestion!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @riley1 .

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge.  I've often been along on the hunt but don't sit in tree stands and don't actively hunt.  Have sat in a cold bass boat many times.  We always camped in a heated tent and cooked meals in a cabin.  Don't have to do that stuff anymore but I still think you had a great idea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

What a great idea! I know my dad would probably love something like that!

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge, guess your reall had a good idea!  

My friend messaged me couple days ago stating she was still getting compliments.  Today she told me she wasn't wearing it for awhile:  some guy actually followed her out of a grocery store to find out where she got it!  She's actually complaining that all these men are coming up to her when she wears it, feel the material and inside hood, and want to know where she got it 'cause they'd like it for hunting - one did mention snowblowingWoman LOL!

Anyways, imho QVC or the vendor should give you a commission if they make one for guys' "outdoor" sports!

Honored Contributor

Re: "Comfy" color

[ Edited ]

The Comfy brand is available in Costco for around $45.00 for a two pack. No orange blaze though.  

Sounds like a good idea.