Honored Contributor

"As Is" Items - Make Sure Employees Check For This

While I buy a fair amount of As Is Logo items and have had mostly really good luck with them being in great condition, one I received yesterday has a problem that has been happening too often.  This garment should never have been sent out to another customer.   The problem is "pilling."   One entire side of my top is pilled, perhaps from a seatbelt?   But this is not in good condition and should have been checked over much  more carefully before being offered As Is.  I don't think your employees is checking for this.   This is the first top it has happened with; I have noticed it most often in LOGO French terry pants that have been sent to me As Is --- pilling between the legs where legs have rubbed together wearing it.

Let me say that none of the LOGO items I own - and there are plenty of them - have had a pilling issue, even though some posters complain about it.  The way I treat my clothes, they have not pilled - not my LOGO or other brands.  So I don't know what people are doing to the clothes to cause this but I don't care.   

Bottom Line:  Whichiever of your employees are the ones who decide to allow garments to be sold As Is need to inspect them better for pilling.   The item I received yesterday is not acceptable, even under As Is terms I agree to.  It's in poor, shabby condition from the pilling and is not anything I would ever put on my body to wear in public.  Shame on QVC for sending this to me. @QVC-Social,   Please suggest to the proper folks at QVC that employees need to be better trained to look for pilling before sending out a garment As Is.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: "As Is" Items - Make Sure Employees Check For This

Good luck with returns being checked for anytning ie worn, dirty, torn, ripped, stuff in pockets because it's been worn then returned, broken, not even the right item, smelly from all sorts of things - just to name a few.

I am convinced that returns are not at all checked/looked over. 

It also seems like many more are shopping in the as is category here because (fashion) items I may be looking for/interested in at a much reduced pricetag are not available or my size is gone.  However while I shop as is, many items I've purchased have been like new, never owned by anybody, clean, pristine items.

On the flip side however, I have received a few as is that were smelly, ripped, torn, button(s) missing and a few disgusting finds in pockets.  Having said this, again, I am convinced NO ONE in returns actually check over items, nor do they bother to read comments made on return slips.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll only buy 'as is' clothing  items when they've stocked a good amount of sizes, colors, etc. The chances are much better then that they'll be 'like' new. I decided this after trying a  LOGO 'as is' skirt that really caught my eye, it was a mess when received! Lesson learned.

Shoes, though, I do really really well with 'as is'!  Woman Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  I, too, stated above that most of my As Is clothes have come in excellent condition, and have thought some were even brand new (to @Ibby114 's point). 

Somebody though really does need to look these clothes over before shipping out again.  It's costly to QVC to eat the postage and it's a real hassle to the customer to have to pack it back up and send it back.   Come on, QVC, you can do better than this.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Good luck with returns being checked for anytning ie worn, dirty, torn, ripped, stuff in pockets because it's been worn then returned, broken, not even the right item, smelly from all sorts of things - just to name a few.

I am convinced that returns are not at all checked/looked over. 

It also seems like many more are shopping in the as is category here because (fashion) items I may be looking for/interested in at a much reduced pricetag are not available or my size is gone.  However while I shop as is, many items I've purchased have been like new, never owned by anybody, clean, pristine items.

On the flip side however, I have received a few as is that were smelly, ripped, torn, button(s) missing and a few disgusting finds in pockets.  Having said this, again, I am convinced NO ONE in returns actually check over items, nor do they bother to read comments made on return slips.

@PINKdogWOOD  Somebody is neatly folding them and putting tissue in them.  That tissue is the first thing I pull out and throw away when I open a package.  Got a bunch (think about 10) returns from Mondays clearance.  Not a dud in the whole bunch; everything was neat, clean, and odorfree.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I got a shirt last year that smelled as if someone wore it all day without bathing that day first. It was really gross. I wish the returns department was improved on what they deem as OK to sell again. Don't they have a way to dry clean or launder? I would never buy a blanket here, unless it was a "new this day" or TSV due to bed bugs because worn clothing isn't looked over well enough that is obvious to the eye, or nose n some cases.

Valued Contributor

Only ONCE did I receive an item with a hangtag....I was thrilled.   But lately, a few 'as is' with holes~!   As Pearly said, come 'on inspectors, do your job:

1. Sniff the garment

2. Look for holes and missing buttons

3. Pilling is not acceptable...pitch it~!

Valued Contributor

Sounds as if there are some out there "renting retail" by wearing the item a few weeks then returning, probably to shop, wear and return all over again. 

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Sounds as if there are some out there "renting retail" by wearing the item a few weeks then returning, probably to shop, wear and return all over again. 

@IMissSuperPoke  Yes there are, so before QVC sends an item out that has been returned, the employees should check very carefully for signs of wear such as pilling, which is the point of my thread!