Highlighted
Respected Contributor

prerecorded shows on QVC proper

if the Q is now departing from its broadcasting of live shows 24/7 except for Christmas, and is now going to be repeating certain shows in recorded form,  pls so indicate in the program guide and also on the listings of "Items on Air"

Honored Contributor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC proper

When did they do that?  I guess I missed it?  I'm curious.  I usually have it on in the bedroom for background noise.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

When did they do that?  I guess I missed it?  I'm curious.  I usually have it on in the bedroom for background noise.

it appears to have started overnight - and looking at the program guide you'll see repeating program names in same time period this week anyway.  someone else noticed this - hard to know if it is temporary or what.

Occasional Contributor

I noticed prerecorded shows at 11:00 PM Central time.  I fell asleep at 1:00AM Central time and prerecorded shows were still showing. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: prerecorded shows on QVC properded

Are the shows on the program guide marked (R) the ones that are prerecorded? 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

Are the shows on the program guide marked (R) the ones that are prerecorded? 

i think that is the Registered Trademark symbol if we are looking at the same thing.

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional 

Thanks!  You are correct and I appreciate your answer.  I looked at the weekly listing and it had (R) for some and (TM) for others, so I just assumed the TM was always for registered trademark (you know what they say about people who assume and it almost always proves to be true).  After you provided your response, I took a look at the daily program listing and the (R) was clearly listed as ® - just as you said.  Thanks for taking time to respond. 

Can you tell by looking at the program guide which are the prerecorded programs?  I know they use prerecorded/repeat programs on HSN so I guess it was only a matter of time before that lazy approach came to QVC. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@ms traditional 

Thanks!  You are correct and I appreciate your answer.  I looked at the weekly listing and it had (R) for some and (TM) for others, so I just assumed the TM was always for registered trademark (you know what they say about people who assume and it almost always proves to be true).  After you provided your response, I took a look at the daily program listing and the (R) was clearly listed as ® - just as you said.  Thanks for taking time to respond. 

Can you tell by looking at the program guide which are the prerecorded programs?  I know they use prerecorded/repeat programs on HSN so I guess it was only a matter of time before that lazy approach came to QVC. 

@Havarti  no problem.  i am not aware of any way to figure out what is repeated and what is not -  they are already repeating quite a bit on Q Plus. i  am suggesting they indicate repeat broadcasts in their listings. i thought i heard that there are new things coming to Q Plus (like Mary's new cooking show)  - and don't know if this is connected to a major change in programming.  we shall see!

Honored Contributor

Evine  has prerecorded shows on every day at about 3AM. Usually the daily special.  Who cares? If it saves QVC money to prerecord shows at odd times of the night  when few are watching what does it matter?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Evine  has prerecorded shows on every day at about 3AM. Usually the daily special.  Who cares? If it saves QVC money to prerecord shows at odd times of the night  when few are watching what does it matter?

it appears this is a change of policy - they always said they were live 24/7 except for Christmas. no big deal -  but when you change policy good to inform.  my inquiry had to do with noting on program guide when a program is a rerun -  some people record overnight shows to watch later or even set alarms to get up for certain shows.  a matter of people having good info.  it isn't at all clear if this is temporary - or permanent.