Esteemed Contributor

Re: please ,less host talk ,more of the the presenter talk

I would like to hear less from SG.   Don't bother me if the hosts try to talk over her, but then it never works.  I have to agree about the hosts talking about their families (or yesterday I think it was (JG)  about her Birthday.  Seriously this isn't about their personal stories.  We come to make purchases. We want to hear about the product.   Some have large beautiful families such as Mary Beth.  She don't talk about them in every show.   I am sick of hearing about a certain host talking about her kids in Ballet.   OKay we already know, as you have talked about it for the past umteen years.  THen is they are selling cameras , we have to see all the Ballet Pictures.   Geeze enough already.

Respected Contributor

All of the personal stories the host's tell make the show more interesting. They should tell more about their children and grand children and bring pictures to share. 

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I would like to hear less from SG.   Don't bother me if the hosts try to talk over her, but then it never works. 

Geeze enough already.

ITA . . . 

Occasional Contributor

There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of those venders could certainly hold there own on the air and do not need a show host. What is the purpose of a vendor standing to one side of his product while a the show host appears to know more about product  than they do. Susan Graver and, Jackie Gonsales, Jane Treacy could certainly all use and need muzzles. They give me a headache!!!!!!

Spoiler

Contributor

this is true ,because to me ,I don`t want to purchase an item ,if the seller ,can`t sell it for what it is and does ,and give a trust in them and their products .did notice Josie Maran ,was allowed to talk more  air time,less host time ,so refreshing ..I didn`t get annoyed and fastforward .good job;-)

Esteemed Contributor

I disagree with the vendors could do the whole presentation  and not need a host.  There is alot of backround work that we don't see that the host does.  The hosts job is to keep the show moving.  They let us know when something is about to sell out, and they ask the vendors a lot of time questions that the vendors don't think about talking about.  Some vendors are betterthen others but the host is in constant contact with the producers.  They do alot more then you think.

Valued Contributor

@tqza23

I think both hosts and vendors should stick to the product.  QVC is not a talk show.  I watch to shop. And please, do not interrupt each other.  

Occasional Contributor

I am noticing also that everything seems to be "NEVER GETTING AGAIN" or "final time at this price...."

Only to find that several weeks later you CAN get the item for the same price on the site.

Also, does Shawn really use all the beauty products she presents?

I like her,  I really do think shes spunky.

I  just wonder...she always says it's her 'go to' foundation, mascara, cleanser, lip color, hair product...etc.

any thoughts?

New Contributor

Also, the host should just be quiet and the the designer talk.  All of this talking over one another is quite annoying, not to mention rude.

Trusted Contributor

I would love to see Alberti return to Friday Night Beauty INSTEAD of the chosen darling.  There are more people in his world and thus his conversation then he, himself alone!

And , he should be moved into Monday and Tuesday and Thursday.......

cant wait for Katie and Elise and Mary to get enough experience to move to prime time.  They listen before they speak, something the last few rounds of newcomers never mastered.