Honored Contributor

Re: newer food show hosts need more training

@loriqvc   You're welcome.

I do not believe in "emailing" when it comes to "feedbacks, complaints and/or suggestions."

I am old school.  I write & snail mail (brown envelope marked strickly confidential) directly to the boss of all bosses at their"home office/headquarters.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I do not believe changing the hosts would really make THAT big of a difference for sales.

Maybe they are the hosts that WANT to do food shows.

Hardly anybody really looks good eating in public!

I, for one, would never want to taste test all those strange foods for the camera.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac - I certainly believe in the power of a good letter, but in this day and age, most companies staff teams that specifically gather feedback via electronic methods and send it through the appropriate internal channels. In my experience, letters sent to executives may never actually reach them through the maze of mail sorting personnel, administrative assistants, and other people who open mail on behalf of those who feel they have much more important things to do than read. Sad but true.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe the higher up's are well aware of what is being said on this forum. The bottom line is people are watching, and that is all that matters. When they see your post they know you are watching the show, and that translates into dollars. 

We have to look at this realistically they cant possibly expect to hit the mark with each host. There is always going to be someone that loves them, and someone that doesn't. As long as a particular host creates revenue for the company they can chew with their mouth open, or talk over the vendor all they want.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mz iMac - Thanks. I also submitted this post via QVC's email feedback system; hopefully, that will be an effective second channel for sharing this information with the company and getting some results.

-----------------

@loriqvc 

I totally agree with you!!  And have stated  my observations on these forums as well as emailing QVC.  So far...no changes in food demo behavior!! 

I do think they should taste the food, but not eat a meal of it while presenting!!   I also hate that some of the hosts talk while eating the food....very off putting.   I have stated - to those who tell me to change the channel - that I watch these shows around the holidays because I don't have access to some of the unusual foods offered!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 - You completely missed two of my points. First, I no longer watch QVC food shows when they air. EVER. And that's because of the poor hosting. What used to be "can't miss TV" highlighting food items I might want to buy has become "skip this TV" where I occasionally watch recordings of presentations to see if I may be interested in something (definitely not buying even a quarter of what I used to), and that's where I continue to see the bad behavior described in my post. Second, it doesn't really matter to me which hosts do the job if they can do it well; there aren't any hosts I specifically tune in to watch, but there are certainly a few I avoid due to their antics, lack of preparation, and general unprofessionalism.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!!  The OP seems to think she has expertise in training sales people and QVC is waiting with baited breath to take advantage of her expertise in what she thinks she knows better than the qualified people they employ!!  No one at QVC will be loosing any sleep over OP supposedly not watching!  Post reminds me of Judy on "Leave It To Beaver"!!  

I don't think the majority that watch and buy here feel that way than the few that see things so negatively .

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mz iMac - Thanks. I also submitted this post via QVC's email feedback system; hopefully, that will be an effective second channel for sharing this information with the company and getting some results.

-----------------

@loriqvc 

I totally agree with you!!  And have stated  my observations on these forums as well as emailing QVC.  So far...no changes in food demo behavior!! 

I do think they should taste the food, but not eat a meal of it while presenting!!   I also hate that some of the hosts talk while eating the food....very off putting.   I have stated - to those who tell me to change the channel - that I watch these shows around the holidays because I don't have access to some of the unusual foods offered!!

I must be watching a different show than you as I've not seen the hosts  "eat a meal"  as you put it when presenting food items.   They take a bite and move on.

Esteemed Contributor

"SEASONED HOSTS" !!!!

Contributor

I stopped watching some of the 'gourmet' food presentations.  Mainly because the ingredients of the entrees are not revealed.  I'm very into healthy eating and processed foods with eleven lines of ingredients is not appealing.  I don't mind the dessert or seafood presentations; however, the meat vendors pushing down on the meats is totally gross to me; as is some of the hosts shoving huge pieces of meat into their mouths that makes me wonder if they are going to choke.