Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ As someone else posted , the Mods have said there will be NO new forums.

@Love my grandkids  I certainly do know this. The OP and some other posters don’t seem to want to accept it from other posters. They need a Mod to tell them. Kachina mentioned it on the first page of this thread and was ignored.

Trusted Contributor

Re: new forum - Marriage

[ Edited ]

@newname0 As you well know, "Wellness" refers to the physical only.

If you post a marriage/wedding issue there, I promise it will get moved.

Don't waste your time and that of the mods having to move it!

Wait.  My issue would be with the physical - Menapause and Marriage.

Honored Contributor

I would think Among Friends would probably be the best place.

You have to be a person who can accept a variety of opinions or even insults.  There may be some snarky remarks aimed directly at you. If you are the kind of person who get's their feelings hurt easily or can't take being misunderstood....then this is probably not something I would recommend.  On the other hand, there are some people here that would listen and do their best to be helpful.

I think it's important to keep in mind that anything you say  will be out there for the world to see and someone could possibly read your situation and know who you are and who you are talking about.  That is definitely something you should consider. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

I would think Among Friends would probably be the best place.

You have to be a person who can accept a variety of opinions or even insults.  There may be some snarky remarks aimed directly at you. If you are the kind of person who get's their feelings hurt easily or can't take being misunderstood....then this is probably not something I would recommend.  On the other hand, there are some people here that would listen and do their best to be helpful.

I think it's important to keep in mind that anything you say  will be out there for the world to see and someone could possibly read your situation and know who you are and who you are talking about.  That is definitely something you should consider. 

Jubilant

I tried Among Friends and it was like going into a shark tank.  I was looking for Tea and Sympathy but got hardly any.  Thanks for your kind words.

Esteemed Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

Please consider this as a new forum topic so we can discuss ours.  I think young people need to know about marriage now.   Thank you.

marriage funny.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by "marriage now".  Every marriage is different.  Every couple is different and every relationship has different dynamics.   That's the way it's always been and that's the way it always will be.

People communicate better now than they used to.  And it's no longer considered unmanly to display emotions, participate in child care, go for counseling, etc.  I think young couples are probably much better at navigating the ins and outs of marriage than many of us were.  There's more equality in marriage now, and more of a focus on happiness rather than staying in relationships that might be abusive or unhealthy.  Young people know this. 

A marriage forum is one thing.  But - for many reasons -  a forum designed for older women to impart wisdom about marriage to younger women doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  

Trusted Contributor

I thought young people did not get married anymore.  Just had kids without marriage.

Trusted Contributor

@newname0  .....  The responses you received from the posters on "Among Friends" were in part because of how you started the thread. Given the same details here the responses would probably be similar. People do not always like hearing what may be the truth.

Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@newname0  This is 2020 not 1950. You seem to have a fixation on menopause. Most women nowadays handle menopause just fine. We no longer go crazy and have to be shipped off somewhere to wait out the "change." And in all of my 69 years I have never know anyone who ended up divorced because of menopause. It's just another stage of life that comes to all women if we live enough. Its not that big of a deal.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

@newname0  This is 2020 not 1950. You seem to have a fixation on menopause. Most women nowadays handle menopause just fine. We no longer go crazy and have to be shipped off somewhere to wait out the "change." And in all of my 69 years I have never know anyone who ended up divorced because of menopause. It's just another stage of life that comes to all women if we live enough. Its not that big of a deal.

Perfectly said, @50Mickey !  I've counselled many couples, and none of them had issues due to menopause.  It's most definitely not a common reason for a marriage to be in crisis.  And speaking personally, menopause was not a big deal for me at all.  Or for most of my friends.  I heard the scary stories when I was growing up, but the reality was very different.  As you said, just another stage of life.  And not a common dealbreaker for marriages.  

Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

I thought young people did not get married anymore.  Just had kids without marriage.

Yes, especially the ones in their 50's..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky