Honored Contributor

Every marriage is unique.    I'm a widow now, but my marriage was very different because we were different people with our own unique experience and challenges.

Just start a thread when you feel the need.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Posters ask for advice or need to vent about family issues all the time.  Mostly in Among Friends but also on Community Chat.  Just title the thread appropriately so those not interested can bypass it easily.

@Johnnyeager  That’s exactly what I was going to post. That’s what Comm. chat and Among Friends are for.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Posters ask for advice or need to vent about family issues all the time.  Mostly in Among Friends but also on Community Chat.  Just title the thread appropriately so those not interested can bypass it easily.

What about Mom to Mom.  Isn't that specifiying a certain group of people.  Personally I find Community Chat too broad and Among Friends too confining.  Maybe I could put it in Wellness, like the wellness of your marriage.

Esteemed Contributor

Mom to Mom doesn't seem to get much traffic, with 12,210 listed threads.

The busiest, of course is Community Chat with 1,330,243

Among Friends has 360,366 and Wellness only 172,098.

These numbers are based, in part, on when the forum was created.

So, depends upon your comfort level with the number of eyes viewing a thread and the number of potential responses you might see, both good and bad.

Honored Contributor

'Could be' that there are some (maybe many?) people who would like to 'chip into' this marriage forum.

Not every marriage is 'perfect'.

Good place to 'vent' about 'this and that', etc. 

Anonymously, which is a good thing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY       YES!...I would like to 'vent' sometimes....this has been a long week for me....those that didn't want to read my vent could easily pass.

I have a good marriage but it's not always easy.  I find as we are both getting older, it gets a tad harder.  If he heard what I mumbled under my breath the last 40 years...oh my!

Honored Contributor

@newname0    The only way to get a new forum is to ask the Moderators.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 As you well know, "Wellness" refers to the physical only.

If you post a marriage/wedding issue there, I promise it will get moved.

Don't waste your time and that of the mods having to move it!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ As someone else posted , the Mods have said there will be NO new forums.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

'...young people need to know about marriage now..'

How not to think it's the End All Be All of Life?

That being single is OK?

🤷‍♀️

Amen!