Esteemed Contributor

Re: models wearing sunglasses at midnight

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Bright lights in the studio's may be a reason for sunglasses.  I have seen celebrities wearing them at night against all the flash bulbs going off in their faces.

@Lindsays Grandma- No, it's not that.  On certain shows the models are being styled like this because someone at QVC thinks it makes the models look cool and stylish.  The trend start with Isaac's shows.  The model Katia trotted out with a pair on during a Susan Graver segment.

I agree that in some instances the glasses are used for effect, however, there are still times they are used against the bright lights.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

The models are styled, they don't pick their clothing. They are not leaving the studio for a coctail party, lunch with friends, or to drop the kids off at school, despite what the host may have led you to believe. They are playing a role to sell a product. It's ok.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

How about daytime,looks stupid to me.

Honored Contributor

Are you buying sunglasses or clothes.  They're probably trying to give out a vibe about the clothes.  I doubt sunglasses interfere with the clothes they're trying to sell.  

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

They're channeling Corey Hart's hit of 9 years ago.

Umm Sunglasses at night was popular in 1983!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The same reason female tv personalities wear white, sleeveless dresses in January.....they think it looks good......
QVC Customer Care