Super Contributor

let the vendors talk ... they did

QVC must have read the comments about hosts over talking vendors because I saw on Q2 yesterday Carolyn Pollack presenting her own jewelry.  Also another vendor for the gold clearance segment was talking about her huggie earnings without a host.

It was refreshing to hear the vendors speak about their products on their own. 

Thank you QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: let the vendors talk ... they did

[ Edited ]

IMO, no need for hosts.  Let the vendors sell their products.  Make it a true shopping channel and not a pseudo entertainment one.

Honored Contributor

Vendors-only presentations are quite common on Q2.  They've had them for a while now.

Honored Contributor

@bigLou   I doubt very much it had anything to do with viewer comments.  Vendors have been doing their solo shows for over 2 years on QVC 2. 

By now, every vendor is doing solo shows.  Some have them every week.  Some vendor-only shows are grouped together in one show (quite often, some of the food vendors, and separately the Christmas decor vendors do shows together).

Trusted Contributor

When I come upon a vendor only show on Q2, I turn it off after a few minutes...SO DULL!

Honored Contributor

@bigLou    The vendor only presentation have been going on on Q2 for several years as a nod to the pandemic.  No indication it had anything to do with letting vendors talk or that any manager read our comments.  Sorry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The vendor only presentations are excellent and I often prefer them to a host-infested show on Q1.

This should become the standard presentation model for QVC across its broadcast channels. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager    I think the vendor presentations are a total bore.  The vendors don't have the presentation skills like the hosts do, to make them interesting.  I won't even waste time by watching.  Makes you realize how important theatrical skill are to selling.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Johnnyeager    I think the vendor presentations are a total bore.  The vendors don't have the presentation skills like the hosts do, to make them interesting.  I won't even waste time by watching.  Makes you realize how important theatrical skill are to selling.

@Kachina624   Have you tried different genres?

I have to agree that I find most of the fashion vendors extremely boring when alone. I cannot watch more than 5 minutes.  

However, I actually like and prefer the food vendors w/o a host.  I think they do a fantastic job without the host squishing food or over-dramatizing the taste.  I will search the guide for the food vendor solo shows, and have purchased multiple times.

Decor vendors like garden and Christmas are also pretty good.  They usually piggy-back off each other in the same show.  Most of them have an easy-going rapport with each other.  That makes for a really nice show, and they can laugh at each other when there are tech glitches.  

Honored Contributor

I mostly watch fashion and they are boring.  I rarely watch food shows 'cause I'm not interested in buying; same for jewelry as I have more than enough.

I agree the decor vendors do a good job, especially Valerie who I do occasionally watch.