Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I would like to suggest an option to not include a gift box with a jewelry order.  When the item is for meI don't need a box.  I must shop for myself a lot because I have many of these boxes that I recycle.  Save a box, save a tree.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i agree!

i would LOVE not to get boxes......mine get recycled or donated.

“When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” – Sam Lefkowitz
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Janelle.  I agree, the boxes are pretty much a waste as I immediately throw them away.  However, they do serve to protect what is often fragile, crushable merchandise while in transit.  How would you suggest jewelry and watches be protected?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Why not gove the customer the option of “yes or no” to a gift box when they place their order?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i would say wrap it in bubble wrap in the padded envelope OR bubble wrap and a small shipping box.

“When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” – Sam Lefkowitz
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Exactly!

Highlighted
Contributor
I’m all for saving a tree, but if I was spending $100 or more on a piece of jewelry, I would want it in a box. I Think it really depends on the item being purchased, how delicate it is, if it is a gift, and how much it costs. Although I was furious when a $40 pair of Spenco rubber flip-flops came in a bag and not a box.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When you buy jewelry in a store it comes in a box.  I think if they just wrapped jewelry in bubble wrap we would hear complaint after complaint on these boards.  It would make the jewelry seem cheap.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.--Colette

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

When you buy jewelry in a store it comes in a box.  I think if they just wrapped jewelry in bubble wrap we would hear complaint after complaint on these boards.  It would make the jewelry seem cheap.

@NickNack 

not for some of us who end up wasting the boxes anyways. no way could i save all of those boxes. most people complain about the qvc gift boxes/bags anyways.

i purchase jewelry from saks off 5th. most of the time it is in jewelry bags and then bubble wrapped in a small sturdy shipping box.

it would be nice to have the option.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Find a store to donate them, like SA or St. Vinny's.  They usually sell some jewelry in these places.