Occasional Contributor

I would like to suggest an option to not include a gift box with a jewelry order.  When the item is for meI don't need a box.  I must shop for myself a lot because I have many of these boxes that I recycle.  Save a box, save a tree.

Honored Contributor

i agree!

i would LOVE not to get boxes......mine get recycled or donated.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Janelle.  I agree, the boxes are pretty much a waste as I immediately throw them away.  However, they do serve to protect what is often fragile, crushable merchandise while in transit.  How would you suggest jewelry and watches be protected?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Why not gove the customer the option of “yes or no” to a gift box when they place their order?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i would say wrap it in bubble wrap in the padded envelope OR bubble wrap and a small shipping box.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Occasional Contributor

Exactly!

Frequent Contributor
I’m all for saving a tree, but if I was spending $100 or more on a piece of jewelry, I would want it in a box. I Think it really depends on the item being purchased, how delicate it is, if it is a gift, and how much it costs. Although I was furious when a $40 pair of Spenco rubber flip-flops came in a bag and not a box.
Honored Contributor

When you buy jewelry in a store it comes in a box.  I think if they just wrapped jewelry in bubble wrap we would hear complaint after complaint on these boards.  It would make the jewelry seem cheap.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

When you buy jewelry in a store it comes in a box.  I think if they just wrapped jewelry in bubble wrap we would hear complaint after complaint on these boards.  It would make the jewelry seem cheap.

@NickNack 

not for some of us who end up wasting the boxes anyways. no way could i save all of those boxes. most people complain about the qvc gift boxes/bags anyways.

i purchase jewelry from saks off 5th. most of the time it is in jewelry bags and then bubble wrapped in a small sturdy shipping box.

it would be nice to have the option.

Honored Contributor

Find a store to donate them, like SA or St. Vinny's.  They usually sell some jewelry in these places.