Respected Contributor

Re: is anyone else tired of seeing todays special value?

It's not illegal to change the channel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Not only am I sick to death of the Vitamix, I'm sick of Jan Mueller.  Seems like he's been doing presentation of one thing or another since the creation.  He's not really a charismatic or compelling presenter, rarely smiles and looks like he'd very much rather be somewhere else.   He acts and looks like he doesn't feel well. 

@Kachina624

I like Jan Mueller for all the reasons you don't.  I very much appreciate that he does not have one of those ever-present saccharine smiles, or presents the product as if making peanut butter is like saving humankind.  He is professional, knowledgeable, works well with all hosts, and gets right down to it.  For those reasons, I find him very compelling. I've never seen him act like he doesn't feel well, but everything is subjective. 

Respected Contributor

I think it's great to repeat presentations of a good value especially when some folks are out of the house for 8 to 12 hours or more a day working, traveling or busy otherwise. I see no harm. It's a channel whose sole focus is to sell stuff. I appreciate that QVC gives me information when I can catch it. If I don't want to watch (which is during clothes or some computer shows) I don't. Easy Peasy!

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I haven't watched any TSV presentations today,  Not interested.  

Now here is one smart person.

Honored Contributor

The Vita Mix is painfull enough for hours and hours....then add  D&B and to top that off a BED......  put me out of my misery.....shoot me please!

Trusted Contributor

The only thing worse than a Vitamix TSV, is a vacuum TSV.  Is there really anyone out there who doesn't know how to use a vacuum?  Show us (quickly) what makes yours different, that's enough.  Anything more is an insult to humans with a brain.

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree!

Esteemed Contributor

@W the housewife,  Welcome to the forums.

It would be reasonable to apply your suggestion to a TSV pair of capri pants you might wear for a few seasons.

But those considering investing $400.bucks into an appliance that will

1. take up permanent residence on their kitchen counter
  2. Possibly be used daily for 30-40+ years
  3. Has the potential to have a positive impact on health and life of the whole family 

may want and need multiple hour long TSV presentations while they consider how this purchase will fit into their life, home, and budget.

You may find it helpful to check the program guide.

Without going into past dates to check, I'd guess vendors contract for TSVs to be on air at least 8-10 hours out of 24.

Viewers can save themselves a lot of aggravation by not tuning in to something they don't want to see.

Honored Contributor

I guess we do have to consider the first time Vita Mix buyer when we complain about the constant presentations. As far as JM, he's probably connected in some way because with his personality I doubt if it matters if he's doing the demos. Vita Mix pretty much sells itself if you are looking for the best of the best in food processors. I've had mine for almost 5 years and I use it almost daily for something.

Contributor

Talking about "14,000" sold.  Has anyone but me ever done the math to see just how much money QVC is making off these products?

I feel the same way about any TSV.  I saw it - I didn't want.  Let us move on!

QVC is actually doing a disservice to themselves.  If a shopper is bored and changes the channel,  they may find something more interesting on another channel and not tune back in later.

And also, those who are out of the house for 8 to 12 hours a day most likely have their ever present cell phone with them.  I doubt they don't check up at intervals to see what is going on.