Honored Contributor

Re: is EZ Pay now the Default?

@x Hedge wrote:

My point is that default works favorably to all shoppers, whereas a default to single payment with no option to change that is not the more favorable choice.

With all due respect, I don't agree that "easy pay" is the most favorable outcome for all shoppers.  It's the most favorable way for QVC to make a lot of sales because customers are less apt to notice their mounting credit card charges. 

Making easy pay the default option is a small example of how Q still views itself as a TV retailer rather than a web-based retailer (e.g., Amazon and Walmart), as only TV viewers are likely to know what an "easy pay" is.  TV retailers are on the way out, and Q needs to evolve.  Mr. George talks the talk but doesn't exactly walk the walk.

Honored Contributor

I don’t see why there needs to be a default setting at all. Why not just list both options, and have us check the box we prefer?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Noticed that.  Makes me angry.  Almost didn't notice when I placed an order.  QVC is changing.  Very disappointing. Add the supper slow shippiing - it will cost them customers. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

I don’t see why there needs to be a default setting at all. Why not just list both options, and have us check the box we prefer?

@handygal2, I totally agree.  The checkout process should be the place to CHOOSE EZ Pay or not.  And that way nobody gets a surprise and same number of steps.