Esteemed Contributor

Re: is EZ Pay now the Default?

Payment defaults to Q card if you have one. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19But if you get your way, someone else has to click to get EZPay.

I know what I would do, but how would you decide if you owned the company who should do the extta step?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seldom use easy pays. I have a Q card and may cancel it because it's the default and requires two extra steps when ordering. My credit card gives me points. 
  Easy pays for me are more work when paying the bill for me. It shouldn't be the default. 

Esteemed Contributor

Easy pays are a PITA for returns IMO. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
@Icegoddess @

I can't say for sure why it defaults to easy pay, but suspect it's because you can pay your entire bill in one payment even if you've selected EP.

But if you commit to making a single payment, and later find you have a cash flow issues pop up, you can't change it to several smaller payments. 

So this default works in favour of preserving all customers good credit standing.

@x Hedge , not true if you don't have a Q card, which I don't.  Sure, I can make a larger payment on my CC, but then it just sits there since the CC doesn't know where to send that extra money.  

Glad I don't have a Q card now since I see it also defaults to that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:
@Icegoddess @

I can't say for sure why it defaults to easy pay, but suspect it's because you can pay your entire bill in one payment even if you've selected EP.

But if you commit to making a single payment, and later find you have a cash flow issues pop up, you can't change it to several smaller payments. 

So this default works in favour of preserving all customers good credit standing.

@x Hedge , not true if you don't have a Q card, which I don't.  Sure, I can make a larger payment on my CC, but then it just sits there since the CC doesn't know where to send that extra money.  

@Icegoddess - You can pay off the balance of any item on Easy Pay at any time with any credit card; just click the item in your Order Status page to go the order details, and you'll see a listing of upcoming Easy Pays. You can choose to pay one or a few extra installments at once, or click the "PAY BALANCE" button to pay in full for all remaining Easy Pays. As others have mentioned, doing so typically will send multiple individual payments through to your credit card because the QVC system processes each payment separately for tracking purposes.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @loriqvc , but that's a bunch of extra steps I'm not interesed in doing.  I'll just have to make sure they don't hit me with EZ pay in the first place.  I still think it's a shady practice to make it the default.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Thanks @loriqvc , but that's a bunch of extra steps I'm not interesed in doing.  I'll just have to make sure they don't hit me with EZ pay in the first place.  I still think it's a shady practice to make it the default.

@Icegoddess - It's really just the click of a single button—very simple. And even though some people may not prefer Easy Pay (I rarely use it), the fact that it is being applied to an order during checkout doesn't seem shady to me when it's pointed out in multiple locations on the screen, including directly above the "Place Order" button where it's hard to miss. Again, with the click of a button, you get the payment option you want.

Honored Contributor

Easy pay was always the default option on the old 'speed buy' ordering form too.  That's way I never used speed buy.  That added extra steps too, so I think that electing to change the easy pay option on this new form is actually quicker (to me) than the longer step-by-step order form.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:
@Icegoddess @

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a Q Card either. 

You can go into your QVC account and pay off a balance at any time.

You're point was about method of payment defaulting to EP. My point is that default works favorably to all shoppers, whereas a default to single payment with no option to change that is not the more favorable choice.