Honored Contributor

First time ordering since they changed the checkout process.  Had no problems, but I noticed EZ Pay was selected.  Now, I almost never choose EZ Pay, so I was surprised to see that in my checkout.  I mainly noticed because I always check the price before I hit the submit button.  

I know QVC pushes the EZ Pay option to get people to buy more stuff, but I don't think it should be the default.  

Respected Contributor

Re: is EZ Pay now the Default?

It's a simple change & if you didn't want EZ pay it's easy to pay it off when you get the bill, yeah?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that easy pay should not be a default setting. For many of us changing the setting with every purchase is an annoying extra step in the check out process.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

It's a simple change & if you didn't want EZ pay it's easy to pay it off when you get the bill, yeah?

@Dusty1 I don't use a QVC card.

Honored Contributor

Yes, and it's the only change that I don't like.  For some reason, I never remember that now I have to opt OUT of Easy Pays.  So, I am now using EP more than I ever did in my 30 plus years with QVC.  I'm Christmas shopping now so some time this week, I'll go in and pay them all off.  It's not a problem but it is something I have to remember to do.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess Absolutely agree. It is shabby way to treat customers. Another example of caveat emptor.

QVC is not our friend. Easy pay is a way for people who don't have the $ to keep spending up to their credit limit. 

Respected Contributor

It may be that more people select EZ Pay, so they put that as the default.  I always check and make my correct pyment choice.  Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't.

Laura loves cats!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's a shady practice, indeed.  Yes, it's easy enough for those of us familiar with QVC to unclick the option.  I worry about people like my mother, who's in her 80's and doesn't watch QVC but occasionally purchases from the site.  She wouldn't even know what ":easy-pay" is, so how would she know to unclick.   I've lost a lot of respect for QVC over this.

Why would a retail site use jargon like "easy-pay" in its checkout process, no less make it the default.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess @

I can't say for sure why it defaults to easy pay, but suspect it's because you can pay your entire bill in one payment even if you've selected EP.

But if you commit to making a single payment, and later find you have a cash flow issues pop up, you can't change it to several smaller payments. 

So this default works in favour of preserving all customers good credit standing.

Honored Contributor

@IcegoddessI think they made it the default because more buyers choose it than pay the full price at once.

No matter which they choose, some customers have to click to get out of default.  To me, it would make sense to give it to the majority of their buyers.