Honored Contributor

do people like the hearts? or would you prefer "like" or "thumbs up" or something else?

[ Edited ]

I don't like the hearts at all.  They make sense at etailers but not here.  Even a "like" would be better than the hearts.

But my suggestion is can you just get rid of the hearts and bring back the counts for how many have read the post?  I see you are counting who reads replies but that is not the same.  I miss the post view counts and the real estate the hearts are occupying seems like the logical place to put them.  

JMO.  Do people like the hearts?

Also it used to be if no one had replied you could edit the title of your post without it saying "Edited."  .  I wish you would put that back the way it was too, for posts that have no replies.

Honored Contributor

Re: do people like the hearts? i'd rather they bring back the post view counts

You're asking them to switch apples for oranges. The number of times a post has been viewed isn't at all related to the hearts.

And yes, I like the hearts. It's a quick and easy way for me to send someone positive feedback

Honored Contributor

Yes I do like the hearts, it means the same as someone liking your posts like on Facebook!Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

You're asking them to switch apples for oranges. The number of times a post has been viewed isn't at all related to the hearts.

And yes, I like the hearts. It's a quick and easy way for me to send someone positive feedback

Thanks.  It's all lemons to me LOL, I am low tech by nature.  But now I have changed the post title to reflect that page views have nothing to do with hearts.

Thanks for replying and you too, Hooty, and anyone else who posts their opinion.  It's good to know how others feel about it.  

To me when I'm on line at Sephora I "heart" all the products I use and love.  I guess since post view counts are irrelevant to the conversatoin, I'll just add that if it said "like" it would make more sense to me.

Valued Contributor

I would rather see a smiley face or "thumbs up."

The cutesy heart is somewhat childish and weird between "girls" (and possibly guys).   This is not a dating service.   JMHO

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

I would rather see a smiley face or "thumbs up."

The cutesy heart is somewhat childish and weird between "girls" (and possibly guys).   This is not a dating service.   JMHO

I like the "thumbs up" a lot.

Super Contributor

Yes, I do like the hearts. I will use them if I find a post helpful, agree with what's said, or like a pic. I don't post very often, so this is a way for me to still feel like I am participating.
I hope they will be thought of and used in a positive way.
Super Contributor

"Thumbs up" would work too.
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Thanks.  It's all lemons to me LOL, I am low tech by nature.

Thanks for replying and you too, Hooty, and anyone else who posts their opinion.  It's good to know how others feel about it.  

To me when I'm on line at Sephora I "heart" all the products I use and love.  I guess since post view counts are irrelevant to the conversatoin, I'll just add that if it said "like" it would make more sense to me.

Facebook seems to have "liking" a post all locked up. The only places I see that are sites that connect back to Facebook and let you like a post through Facebook. Maybe they're coming after anyone who uses "like" as an option.

Other sites like Sephora (as you mentioned) and Pinterest are using hearts. QVC probably went with the hearts because it ties in nicely to their ToGather app, that also uses hearts and this color scheme. I haven't used it more than a few times, so that's pretty much all I know about ToGather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KippyK3 wrote:
"Thumbs up" would work too.

I'm sure Facebook would have a problem with that and possibly the ability to take legal action against anyone using either the thumbs up or a "like."