Valued Contributor

I would like to rename the squirrels to Rachael and Alberti.

Respected Contributor

Re: denim and co. squirrel

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal wrote:

I don’t usually watch those shows but for some reason I was flipping through this morning and saw Caroline “baby talking” for the squirrel.  Now I understand the annoyance 😀.

It's really awful.  It's like the host latched onto that as her claim to fame and doesn't want to let it go -- as if it's somehow a good thing. It has the opposite effect on me. If they are putting it out there as something the QVC audience wants and loves, then I'm embarrassed that I shop at QVC.  I want no part of that childish, immature, goofy behavior. 

I can see it now ... someone spots a familiar blouse on me and says, "I know where you got that! It's from that tv channel where some lady balances a stuffed toy on a clothing rack and speaks to it in a high-pitched 3-year-old's voice as if it's alive.  I never thought I would see you wearing something from SquirrelMart."

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr 

DITTO!  I stopped watching the show.  I'll check out D&C online before I'll watch the shows anymore.  I typically have a high tolerance for "silliness", but the squirrel show crossed that threshold.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you....just keep Gary!

Respected Contributor

When Nutsy "speaks" I always picture in my head Connamara marble Steven in squirrel form. I think Carolyn is more vested in this than Gary. He seems more polite than enthusiastic about participating.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Between THAT and "Garolyn" it is just too cutsy cute. They never stop.

I agree with the general dislike of those stupid squirrels but I rather enjoy the "Garolyn". They've been working together for a long time and have a very pleasant rapport.

Those baby-talking squirrels, though, make them seem like idiots.