Super Contributor

i would love it if qvc would carry a vendor for curly, wavey hair.  that would be shampoo, conditioner, curl enhancer, and a gel. and maybe a revitalizer spray.   the complete line.  i am tired of runny to salons to buy my high end hair products.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Maybe this is an option?

my.liveyourtruth (dot) com/dyt/curly-hair-products/

Honored Contributor

I think there are plenty of products for curly hair.  I don't think are any vendors/products dedicated to curly hair.

Valued Contributor

Ouidad has products for curly hair. ETA she specializes in curly hair.

Honored Contributor

@PMS 24-7 wrote:

i would love it if qvc would carry a vendor for curly, wavey hair.  that would be shampoo, conditioner, curl enhancer, and a gel. and maybe a revitalizer spray.   the complete line.  i am tired of runny to salons to buy my high end hair products.  

@PMS 24-7 

They do...it's called WEN...the best thing that ever happened to my curls!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
New Contributor

At 61, I finally decided to embrace my natural curls. Too many years spent blow drying and straightening wasn't helping my thick, but quickly thinning, hair. I had my annual mammogram and the woman who did the procedure had the prettiest natural hair. I complimented her and she told me what she used -- LUS Brand Luv UR Curls. I got home and checked it out. I bought the mini set which had shampoo, conditioner, and an all-in-one (that helps define curls). The website also has a quick survey so you know which type of all-in-one you should use on your curl type. Love it! I haven't used any type of heat on my hair in 6 months. Prior, while 'learning' to use these new products, I used a diffuser.The brand also has an oil and deep conditioner. There are videos showing how to manage curly hair (I 'plop' now). Try the mini set. I think you'll like it.

Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I will check it out as I too have curly hair and tired of spending time and money blowing it out and I had it chemically straightened at one time and was lucky I didn't lose my hair!  Nature sent me here with it so I figure I can learn how to deal with it!

Super Contributor

My long curly hair only responds to Ouidad or MORROCAN OIL INTENSE CURL CREME available on Amazon

Honored Contributor

@PMS 24-7 ................Have you tried Ion Products?  They have a whole line for curly hair.  Its what I use and I find them very good.  You can get them at Sally's or Amazon.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

There are a lot of lines that are either curly hair lines or have products within their lines aimed at curly hair.  The problem is most of the high end big name brand lines use silicones which will build up on your hair and keep the curls from forming.  So, even if QVC were to carry a vendor for curly hair more than likely those products would also contain silicones. Even the Tweak'd guy who likes to talk about those awful chemicals and silicones uses both in his products.  I was glad to see his most recent TSV did not have silicones although I have no use for giant bottles of shampoo and conditioner.  I think even Ouidad uses silicones.  

The thing that really bothers me is that none of the vendors even try to demonstrate how their products COULD enhance curly hair.  They take women with massive heads of curly hair that happens to be frizzy in the before picture and then flat iron the death out of it to show how wonderful their product works.  Well, it's the flat iron doing the work, not the product.  And who really wants to spend their days flat-ironing their hair.  Why not instead show how their product can take a head of frizzy hair and turn it into a head of beautiful curls?