Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to invite everyone to take a break and come on down to the lobby for some popcorn.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I thought her adding posts about calling the police were nonsense. It was just fueling the fire. Perhaps she is addled, but I'm tired of seeing people pitted one against the other over her when most of it was people trying to get through to her that people protect their land and about leaving a flower alone and she kept coming back Lol about getting shot or debating...but she asked. Now people are upset at others about her. She did play some people, even if she did or didn't intend to, she did.

It never ceases to shock me how many people would rather be played than take an occasional step back and perhaps ponder a scenario. 

I've seen people say on a forum (not sure if it was this one, may have been Amazon) that they were happy to look foolish and/or be played by accepting everything and everyone as being "good" and honest, and that when it was proven that someone was a scam, it didn't make any difference to them because they would rather "be a Nice Person™ To everyone than express any sort of negativity ever. And then they turned around in a different thread and ripped someone a new one because that person annoyed them. No different here, day in and day out. The Kinder Than Thou...aren't necessarily 🙀

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Frankly, I couldn't care less if someone is inventing their life for the entertainment of the internet.   I just hate the "piling on" of the vultures circling the QVC forum in search of a victim.   If people have a problem with ANY poster, just SCROLL ON.   Not a difficult concept.  

Honored Contributor

For the most part I don't go to peoples posts where I know there will be lots of hard feelings and it will be the same stuff over and over. In fact, the op and I have very little exchange and I have my own suspicions that she doesn't like me talking about her problem... so, either way....I'm scrwud!

I have just learned some things about people down through the years whose situations seem very similar to the person in question. I'm not claiming to be right.  I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time!  Whether a persons words are true or intended for "other purposes" ....it has been my experience that calling them out almost never works and creates an even worse situation.  Like others have said, there are times when it is better just to leave it alone....which is probably what I will do next time.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

For the most part I don't go to peoples posts where I know there will be lots of hard feelings and it will be the same stuff over and over. In fact, the op and I have very little exchange and I have my own suspicions that she doesn't like me talking about her problem... so, either way....I'm scrwud!

I have just learned some things about people down through the years whose situations seem very similar to the person in question. I'm not claiming to be right.  I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time!  Whether a persons words are true or intended for "other purposes" ....it has been my experience that calling them out almost never works and creates an even worse situation.  Like others have said, there are times when it is better just to leave it alone....which is probably what I will do next time.

When a poster usually posts in Among Friends and in the chummy feelgood threads where people accept everyone wholeheartedly, they don't even come to the notice of many. But when they choose to post in Community Chat, IMO they get what they get, since that's a forum any poster who has been on the forums as long as all involved have, knows it's a "you may well be challenged" area. Some posters consider any question, any doubt, as "calling out" another poster. CC is not the ideal forum for them.

Yes, everyone is free to post in any forum they like, but not every forum is, can be or should be Barneyville. Even the moderators know that. I doubt that the issue with a given poster would ever have occurred if they had continued posting in a different forum than CC. It would likely not even have been noticed. Everyone makes choices; sometimes they're unfortunate.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

When a poster usually posts in Among Friends and in the chummy feelgood threads where people accept everyone wholeheartedly, they don't even come to the notice of many. But when they choose to post in Community Chat, IMO they get what they get, since that's a forum any poster who has been on the forums as long as all involved have, knows it's a "you may well be challenged" area. Some posters consider any question, any doubt, as "calling out" another poster. CC is not the ideal forum for them.

Yes, everyone is free to post in any forum they like, but not every forum is, can be or should be Barneyville. Even the moderators know that. I doubt that the issue with a given poster would ever have occurred if they had continued posting in a different forum than CC. It would likely not even have been noticed. Everyone makes choices; sometimes they're unfortunate.

************  I understand, that in the past, Viewpoints and Community Chat, were not for the faint of heart.  You traveled at your own risk and took the consequences.  I also agree that people who are easily agitated or highly emotional or overly sensitive could choose better places to post.  While I agree with you on the first part of the highlighted sentence....the last half of it I don't.  I think, from what I am seeing, QVC is working hard to turn the whole thing into "Barneysville" (LOL...I got a kick out of that!)  Those of us who like a good debate will probably have to go elsewhere for that.  That's another thing.... can anyone really have a "good" debate these days.  I'm beginning to doubt it's existance.