Respected Contributor

No matter what her issues are or what you think, taunting her for the simple pleasure of it is not right. 

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

The Mods need to know where they are.    

Report the post, they will take care of it.

@goldensrbest

Done.  Not sure what will come of it; but I, for one, put my trust in them.

Honored Contributor

This isn't kindergarten.  The vast majority of what I see people call bullying is really just a difference of opinion.  

I saw one post where the OP received a lot of opposing feedback but I would not call it bullying.  99% of it was just a difference of opinion, not bullying at all.  But the OP thought he/she was being brutalized.  Not.

You need thick skin to be on these forums.   If you can't handle the feedback, don't post.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

I just read that thread, think some were just pointing out facts or things said in the past. It isn't bullying if the poster iin question has complained of money problems by not having food money, yet buys Perricone and mentions other products sold, then it is brought up to her. It's throwing it back, but I wouldn't say bullying. I had coworkers that bullied me at a job once, there's a difference.

The poster in question has a traumatic brain injury. Do you have one? If not, please don't compare yourself to her.

Is the poster's health public knowledge?   I didn't know and I'll bet there are hundreds/thousands of others who don't either. Maybe IMissSuperPoke didn't know either.  

A relative of mine also has a traumatic brain injury. That doesn't absolve him/her from receiving differing feedback should he/she post here.  

If someone can't handle differing views, perhaps they should find another forum where everyone agrees with everything.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

I just read that thread, think some were just pointing out facts or things said in the past. It isn't bullying if the poster iin question has complained of money problems by not having food money, yet buys Perricone and mentions other products sold, then it is brought up to her. It's throwing it back, but I wouldn't say bullying. I had coworkers that bullied me at a job once, there's a difference.

The poster in question has a traumatic brain injury. Do you have one? If not, please don't compare yourself to her.

Is the poster's health public knowledge?   I didn't know and I'll bet there are hundreds/thousands of others who don't either. Maybe IMissSuperPoke didn't know either.  

A relative of mine also has a traumatic brain injury. That doesn't absolve him/her from receiving differing feedback should he/she post here.  

If someone can't handle differing views, perhaps they should find another forum where everyone agrees with everything.

There is no way of knowing if a poster is actually telling the truth or not, could be playing us. Sad but it happens. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

I'd watch chastising someone on here based on what another poster claims to have (TBI). No one knows for sure, and if anyone wants to take that as fact, that is up to them, but many won't accept it as true, because it cannot be verified, and won't cut the poster slack based on things they say/claim in an online forum.

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

No matter what her issues are or what you think, taunting her for the simple pleasure of it is not right. 

THe bulk of the responders were not taunting or bullying. The most were making points about right and wrong, property rights, danger in trespassing, their own experiences with trespassers etc. 

Yes, a few were stirring up the past, but by far, it was not as bad as some people here want to believe. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@makena wrote:

THe bulk of the responders were not taunting or bullying. The most were making points about right and wrong, property rights, danger in trespassing, their own experiences with trespassers etc. 

Yes, a few were stirring up the past, but by far, it was not as bad as some people here want to believe. 

I agree it was only a few posters who were inappropriate, but to the OP it didn't matter if it was one or a hundred people,  She felt attacked and bullied.  And the posters who did this were relentless and wouldn't let it go.

The issue wasn't about disagreeing or agreeing with the OP.  It was about personal attacks.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@makena wrote:

This is a personality, spiritual and POV issue that is never going away on these forums.

There will always be posters here who live their lives adoring and supporting every perceived Unfortunate. They Love Everyone, Never Say an Unkind Word (except that they do), Turn Every Cheek Several Times a Day, and in general observe the world from a moral high ground that is trotted out for topics like this one.

Except when they go on a crusade to shame other posters, and in doing so become even more hypocritical and every bit as insulting, if not often more, than the "ghastly" people they're bashing. My bash is okay because it's morally justified in my opinion; yours isn't. *eyeroll*

"Meanness", "cruelty", "viciousness" etc are in the eye of the beholder - and the moderators. Note the thread still stands and was not wholly removed. That means a moderator or moderators did not agree with the hyperbolic horror with which some regard the thread. Some few posts and posters were inappropriate, but as is common here, everyone in the thread who was less than totally supportive is being painted with the same brush.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I thought her adding posts about calling the police were nonsense. It was just fueling the fire. Perhaps she is addled, but I'm tired of seeing people pitted one against the other over her when most of it was people trying to get through to her that people protect their land and about leaving a flower alone and she kept coming back Lol about getting shot or debating...but she asked. Now people are upset at others about her. She did play some people, even if she did or didn't intend to, she did.