Trusted Contributor

Your guests have names.

[ Edited ]

QVC hosts may have been chosen or spotlighted for their eclectic personalities, however--  Refusing to address an invited guest by their given name is down right disrespectful.  "Girl",  "girly", "Mamma", "Mommasita", "cheeky bugger" are not as cute as the host(s) think they are.  Add these titles to the constant interruption of the hosts' presentations, the incessant upstaging and  thunder-stealing and it becomes glaringly clear that these titles are meant to demean the guest.  

Can't someone remind the producers that they are presenting an image to their viewers.  That image is reflective of QVC values and ultimately affects sales.  Disrespect may be in vogue but it is not and will never be appropriate. If you have no respect for your vendors how can I believe you have respect for the buyers?

Valued Contributor

@CoG, I have shopped with the Q for about 25 years.  This past Monday night I tuned in for the first time in a long time and it got me nostalgic for the good old days.  The days of Kathy Levine, Judy Crowell, Lisa Mason, Pat James, Mary Beth, Jill, etc.  The hosts were calm, professional and yet still managed to be engaging with we the viewers.  My suggestion to TPTB is please, beg Lisa Mason to come back as a training coordinator/manager.  Hyper hosts training newbies to be equally hyper hosts does not seem to be a winning formula and the way to attract new viewers or maintain the old ones.  Lisa's vocabulary (who knew there were so many adjectives?), well modulated voice, wicked sense of humor and grace came across loud and clear.  I could watch that woman endlessly.  Currently they have some overnight hosts that do a very nice job and I'd love to see them put into prime time to shake it up a little bit.

Sadly, the product line-ups need to have life breathed into them as well.  While HSN has made leaps and bounds forward, QVC is turning into one long informercial.

Formerly posted as LuLuBelle

Remember to Spay and Neuter your Pets

Regular Contributor

Some of the hosts now have "it's all about me" attitude & totally takes away from presentation 🎈

Honored Contributor

"cheeky bugger"

173836.gifHaven't heard a host or hostess call a guest that!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Can't someone remind the producers that they are presenting an image to their viewers.  That image is reflective of QVC values and ultimately affects sales.  Disrespect may be in vogue but it is not and will never be appropriate. If you have no respect for your vendors how can I believe you have respect for the buyers?

I think their image and their so-called respect for vendors, buyers, etc. went out the door a long, long time ago.  It's a thing of the past.

Honored Contributor

I agree that there are some hosts that seem to compete with the Vendor with an obvious "I'm the host, and look at me" attitude.  IMHO that's not the job of the host.  The job of the host is to COMPLEMENT the Vendor, bringing the TV customer closer to the item with the two of them working together to garner sales.

I realize there are personalities involved and I have no problem with that.... but "cheeky bugger" should be left at home and other "terms of endearment" memorized that aren't so potentially alienating.  After all, it isn't about the host (I know some think it is) .... it's about the ITEM being sold, the Vendor and then the host bringing it all together for the customer.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Maybe the top people should start by looking at management and the decisions they have made.  Is everyone on the same page?  Do they all still strive for top quality, value and customer service?  Have they expanded the company to so many countries that they have lost who QVC is?   The hosts are the only company members that we see.  We have no idea what directions they have been given.  I have watched changes in the behavior of many of the hosts and product problems the past several years.  There has to be a reason for it.  I would look beyond the individual personalities.  I do admit that I also get irritated by actions I have seen/heard.  I know how to change the channels.  I worked in the same department of a college for 30+ years.  I have watched others try to change to get approval of new " superiors" because of competition.  Some became unhappy with the person they became and left rather than play the game. People with families to support played the game so they could climb the ladder.  Others did all asked, kept their nose clean, seldom got good raises or promotions but kept their integrity.  I can not judge what is going on behind closed doors at QVC.  I can use my purse to let manager know I am not happy and I do.  They must not be happy with their financial reports because there are some big price reductions the past few weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately as long as product is selling the management really don't care what and how the hosts behave...sad.....

Respected Contributor

Well, should I ever call in and someone greets me as Mama or Mamacita or  whatever disrespectful name they choose, there will be words spoken. In a nutshell, it seems to me that too many of the hosts and/or hostesses think they are "cute".  WRONG!  Adults should at least try to act like adults.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

Mamí & Mamacita are complements & considered respectful in certain cultures.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif